WOW.... This thing is a beast

NextContestant

Hello All, new user of MailWizz and really looking forward to this product. I haven’t used anything like this before, I usually just send from my site. I’m very impressed with the amount of flexibility this thing can do… I just hope I will be able to pull half of it capabilities, as I am by no means a programmer. I have a few sites, and would really like to utilize this for all of them.

Install went pretty well actually, did have an issue with cron permissions but was an easy fix. I’m testing on a shared host (nothing else installed), but really looking forward to be able to ‘spread’ the love across different email servers. Will be interesting to see the results for comparisons. Once I get the hang of these thing I'll dump on a VPS.

I haven’t played with any of these settings, or any email apps of this nature at all. While I was signing up for the various free services, I remember one of them (perhaps Mailgun) said to make the records point to a sub domain. Could someone help explain if this is a good/best practice? I signed up for 4 of them and just want to have a solid/consistent config on the site/services if possible Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Another question… I’m rebooting a few of my sites and hoping there might be a way to have this integrated with my site… like when someone sign’s up. The first one I’m doing is a Joomla, open to suggestions. Would LOVE to be able to send an email out for several conditions: Haven’t logged in for X days…. Upload X items.

None the less, this will be an interesting ride. Looking forward to the question about the sub domain as I’d like to all of the free services api’s for testing this thing!!!

I'm sure I'll have many more to coming in the following days/weeks.

Coll

I haven’t played with any of these settings,
Mailwizz is big, and it will be easier for you if you start small with it's original settings. You can easily get lost in the amount of settings and features the app can do, this is why is better to use the app as is for as long as possible, till you get the hang of it.

While I was signing up for the various free services, I remember one of them (perhaps Mailgun) said to make the records point to a sub domain.
Generally speaking, for all these services, it is enough to have their spf records and dkim settings. Subdomains are not that important.

Would LOVE to be able to send an email out for several conditions: Haven’t logged in for X days…. Upload X items.
If you export them and import them in mailwizz and you have fields which can be used for segmentation, then some of these are doable, it depends a lot on your data.

Back