Word of advice

cr23

Never used a shared host for Mail Wizz.

I spent about an entire day jerking off wondering why Mail Wizz wasn't working -- it's because about every shared host ever f#@ks you on cron jobs. (In my case, siteground)

Spend 5 bucks a month at OVH, install webmin, then upload Maill Wizz, it's not that difficult, and is usually cheaper than shared hosting and is certainly better as there's literally no limitations.

I host on siteground for my Wordpress sites ... SG limits your cron jobs and a few other things.
I just installed MW on a linode VPS and installed VESTACP and then uploaded MW and it works like a charm :)

I am happy to hear you going things working with OVH :)

Did you install any Control Panel or did you use the bash command (I tried that but didnt get it working) I personally love having a control panel
https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/install-mailwizz-using-just-one-bash-command/

@cr23 / @gsonline - If you need a solid control panel with mailwizz, i'd recommend plesk. It's so easy to switch PHP versions with it, to have it generate ssl certificates for you and it's pretty secure.

I host on siteground for my Wordpress sites ... SG limits your cron jobs and a few other things.
I just installed MW on a linode VPS and installed VESTACP and then uploaded MW and it works like a charm :)

I am happy to hear you going things working with OVH :)

Did you install any Control Panel or did you use the bash command (I tried that but didnt get it working) I personally love having a control panel
https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/install-mailwizz-using-just-one-bash-command/

I used Webmin, yeah.

@cr23 Yeah I was thinking about using Webmin ... was is easy to install or did you run into any bumps along the way with MW?
@twisted1919 Yeah I know Plesk is a top of the line control panel, but at this time I am looking for something simple and FREE :)

You can do the same with ISPconfig and that doesn't cost a cent, totally free for unlimited domains.

I have used ISPconfig during maybe 6-7 years or so. It's GOOD!

@OptiBiz1 Yeah ISPconfig looks a bit more robust than what I am using now :) I might give it a shot.
Did you have any issues at all installing MW on ur server after?
What Linux Distribution are you running Ubuntu or CentOS ?

None :) . Debian. So Ubuntu is the closest I guess.

No issues installing MW. Just make sure that the cron jobs stored in /etc/cron.d use the right shell and not the jailkit one. I didn't include the jailkit in my latest install, yet it was included and if that shell is used, then the crons won't work.
If you get there, just let me know and I will tell you how to do. Or you can check any of the other crons there, e.g. freshclam, and see how that is done.

Back