Where to download MailWiz update?

eggerda

Hello, my MailWiz "backend" says I need to update to version 1.7.5.

I can't figure out how to download the upgrade...I found instructions for upgrading, but where do we go to get the .zip file?

Sorry if this is a dumb question - nobody else seems to be asking it - so I think I'm missing something simple?

Thanks,

Dan

@eggerda - you always download latest app version from envato. in the archive you get the "latest" and "update" folder and use the update one ;)

@twisted1919 thank you! I downloaded, and unzipped. Then I went and "overwrite" files (using filezilla) from "update" directory to the root of mailwiz (httpdocs, directory for me).

All files "overwrote" not replaced.

MaliWiz backend is set to "offline" for both site and API.

Then I went to this URL:

https://www.yourdomain.com/backend/index.php/update

And all it did is redirect me to:

https://www.yourdomain.com/backend/index.php/settings/index

And I'm still showing 1.7.3.

So it didn't do the update.

Let me know what I should try in order to update the system... trying to get this down before we go live so I'll know how to do this in the future.

Thanks,

Dan

@twisted1919 FYI:

I've got this line in the apps/init.php on the server:

define('MW_VERSION', '1.7.5'); // never remove or alter this constant, never!

However, it shows this in the footer of the backend:

Processed by version 1.7.3 in 0.037 seconds using 2.759 mb of memory

Yes, I've got the same question (over 5 years later). Auto-update isn't working, so I'm trying to follow the instructions to update MailWizz manually. It says to download the update file... (but it doesn't say where). Then it goes on to explain what to do with the downloaded file. Well, I'm stuck coz there's nowhere on mailwizz.com where you can download the file.

I also went to envato.com but it only seems to be a website for selling Envato Elements, whatever that is. There's no customer download page, and no mention about MailWizz either.

I'm going round in circles, each time I reach a page that sends me to the update instruction page - where it says to go download the app manually (but it doesn't say where). As you can see, this is where we came in...

What to do next, please?

UPDATE

I found a link to the Downloads Page in my purchase confirmation email, which seems to take my directly to my customer page via a website called mandrilla and then to codecanyon.net. That was easy enough - if you check your email or bookmark this specific page.

I did eventually find MailWizz by searching on codecanyon.net and I must have been logged in order something because I found the dowload link in the Overview Section of the app description and it mentioned that I already had a license.

Suggestion to the developers: how about a customer download page on mailwizz.com (or codecanyon.net) where we can log in, look at our status (license, payment history, support time remaining), see what the latest version and download it directly?

(If codecanyon rather than mailwizz, then please just display a link on mailwizz.com directly to the correct page on codecanyon for confused customers like me who thought we bought mailwizz not a "code canyon" product, whatever these are...)

:)

Last edited:
how about a customer download page on mailwizz.com
We had this in the past, but we had to give up on it because it was just too much work to keep things in sync.

This is why we offer support, when in such issues, please reach out, we're here to help.

Hi, I can give you the FTP?
137.xxx.xxx.xx
ID: xxxxx
pw: xxxx

it's in the /li/ folder

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
We had this in the past, but we had to give up on it because it was just too much work to keep things in sync.

I don't understand. What is so difficult about keeping ONE page in sync - a page like mailwizz.com/customer/downloads that contains the latest update files?

Okay, I think I may have found a simple solution. It took me a while of going round in circles, like before. I even found this post and I forgot that I'm the one that posted it... :eek:

Here is the download URL. You can add this list to your home page at mailwizz.com. I think you first have to sign in to your customer account on the CodeCanyon.net website to be able to access the file.

Last edited:
Back