When sending a campaign with multiple lists, it creates a merged list and unsubscribes users from the original list

mwjim

I'm wondering why MW creates a merged list when we create a campaign with multiple list? Can we disable this "feature"? Why does it auto unsubscribe from the original list? This is really strange design decision, if not, something is happening that unsubscribes our users from their original list:
1594951040293.png

Last edited:
I'm wondering why MW creates a merged list when we create a campaign with multiple list? Can we disable this "feature"?
We;re working to make this happen for 2.x
Why does it auto unsubscribe from the original list? This is really strange design decision,
It isn't, it's the correct decision. However, you can edit the merged list and edit it's settings so that it doesn't do this anymore.

We;re working to make this happen for 2.x

It isn't, it's the correct decision. However, you can edit the merged list and edit it's settings so that it doesn't do this anymore.

We always have multiple lists that we send to..so now I have to manually subscribe the entire original list to create a new merged list? but what if we want to send emails to the original list again? Not sure if this is the correct decision, maybe it is for the merged design (which is probably not the right approach to begin with, but glad to see it will be fixed in 2.x -- when will this be available btw?)..

Last edited:
Right now my process is:
When creating a campaign with multiple list..

- must resubscribe the original list
- export the unsubscribed from the merged list
- then import the unsubscribe list to blacklist (so it'll unsubscribe from the entire account).

Last edited:
Can we fix this or is there an easy workaround? This makes MW really unusable for us if it keeps on creating merged list..

As i mentioned above, you have options to set this behavior. As for merged lists, that's a really pain point for mailwizz and will be fixed in 2.x

Back