What kind of horsepower do I need to send 18k emails with 4mb attachments?

ggwwbb

I'm operating a hub server with 8GB of RAM and virtually no other processes, feeding two SMTP servers that are little 1GB/RAM VPS units. I really don't want these to take forever to send, so I'm wondering: Is the best option to add SMTP servers or expand the RAM on the existing servers?

Or am I ultimately a slave to bandwidth constraints from the Mailwizz installation to the SMTP boxes?

Hello,

You can send a small batch of Email like 50 Email with your 4MB attachment and see how it perform. And how your SMTP send it out.

Based on that you can decide to add more resources.

Thanks,

VPul.

feeding two SMTP servers that are little 1GB/RAM VPS units
MailWizz will put these down when you start sending(if sending via pcntl), it will flood them so fast that they won't be able to cope with the load. I think you need larger boxes.
Is the best option to add SMTP servers or expand the RAM on the existing servers?
Right now, make the servers larger.

Also, 4MB attachment is a lot. Consider adding links to attachments instead of attachments, it will make a huge difference.
But if you want to add attachments, at least make sure mailwizz and the smtp servers are in the same network and do the in-between servers communication via the private network.

MailWizz will put these down when you start sending(if sending via pcntl), it will flood them so fast that they won't be able to cope with the load. I think you need larger boxes.

Right now, make the servers larger.
Done! Thanks for the input!

Also, 4MB attachment is a lot. Consider adding links to attachments instead of attachments, it will make a huge difference.
But if you want to add attachments, at least make sure mailwizz and the smtp servers are in the same network and do the in-between servers communication via the private network.

Yeah, I know -- not how we'd normally do things at all, but it's a report that prior testing indicates is more likely to be read as an attachment. Probably my only saving grace here is that every inbox on the list is gov/nonprofit; I won't hurt my reputation with the big consumer providers like Googe (Hopefully!).

Back