What Is the 'Send Group' Feature?

Alex Read

How does this feature work?

I've checked the forum and don't understand it.

Any help is appreciated.

If you want to send same campaign to multiple lists/segments, you create your first campaign, give it a unique sending group, then duplicate that campaign as many times as needed and only change any other attribute except the sending group.
This will make sure if an email address is part of 2 or more lists, it will only get a single campaign from that whole group, no matter how many campaigns are there. Which campaign it receives, again, it's impossible to tell, one of them.
This can also be used somehow as a/b test for regular campaigns and you can see which one performs better, it's just as opposed to the A/B Test feature we have for autoresponders, here you cannot determine a winner.

Essentially, if you're to do an A/B test, it'll be 2 send groups running the same campaign?
it won't split test or determine winner.

If you want to send same campaign to multiple lists/segments, you create your first campaign, give it a unique sending group, then duplicate that campaign as many times as needed and only change any other attribute except the sending group.
This will make sure if an email address is part of 2 or more lists, it will only get a single campaign from that whole group, no matter how many campaigns are there. Which campaign it receives, again, it's impossible to tell, one of them.
This can also be used somehow as a/b test for regular campaigns and you can see which one performs better, it's just as opposed to the A/B Test feature we have for autoresponders, here you cannot determine a winner.
How would one create a sending group & populate it with the correct info?
I see there is a way to create a group - but this only allocates a name?
I want to include a few lists to one sending group - how do I do this?
Thanks

Back