What is the best and cheapest MW friendly vps hosts?

You set it per virtual host (= domain, or a subdomain)

I rent my servers (dedicated) from Server4you.net and if I go with their panels, either Plesk or CPanel, there is a limit of 10 domains. If you need more you need to buy an additional license. Instead I have chosen to run ISPconfig3.
If you rent a shared hosting the number of domains in CPanel are often unlimited, but who would seriously run Mailwizz in shared hosting or even a VPS?

Well, I had server4you for only 10d, then I cancelled, because their support is crap and their 'honsty' is zilch. They told me one thing before buying and another afterward, always wanting to upsell for ridiculous reasons, but if you are happy there, all good for you. The firewall under OpenVZ had only 100 entries (total joke). Their NL based support is arrogant to a degree I considered suing them. Plesk (which I tried for a few hours and ran from it back to cPanel) truly had only 10 domains, but it was free, while cPanel had a cost, but no domain limits (at that time).

The only really good feature they had was the snapshot backup. It is a customized web panel controlling r1soft's hotcopy, which makes a snapshot from the host level of the container, but it does work from within kvm ;)

If money is no issue, try linode, otherwise, servint is really good.

At Server4you you rent un-managed servers for money that you can't beat. If you need help you need to buy it. They can help you, but it ain't free (unless it's hardware issues). I do everything on my own and I save a lot of money on that.

It's like...

* good and cheap won't be fast
* fast and good won't be cheap
* fast and cheap won't be good

It's the same with server4you, I guess. :)

The alternatives with super support costs several hundred per month.

On my server I run my own firewall (part of ISPconfig3), my own DNS, my own everything.

Interesting with an auction, thanks for the hint! I have never seen that. I have had a look at Hetzner before but I found their prices to be too steep compared to Server4You or ServerLoft (owned by the same company as Server4You, but with slightly more support).

The prices in the auctions are a lot better. How's the support? No rudeness at all? :)
(my company is most likely to host three new e-commerce sites to customers where we run the digital marketing and the platform as such and I need reliable servers for that)

Do Hetzner offer multiple IP addresses?

Last edited:
Hetzner hardware is very good (otherwise you can cancel easily); support is reliable and honest (it may feel dry at times, but it is factual); yes you can have multiple IPs, it is somewhere on the menu when you go about the order; but they are also careful about spamming, so keep it clean from the outset, always under 5% bounce, better 3%, or ideally, just host the app there, then send with an extra 3rd party delivery server (preferred option).

Last edited:
@Mike Jensen, Being in the hosting industry from last 11 years I've seen many good hosting providers. I would suggest you to use Dedicated Server instead of two VPS. And especially if you want to work as an ESP and work freely without getting blocked by hosting providers, then I would recommend Global Web Mount | an Asian Fox Developments business. I and my other mates use the same and I confirm they are great too :)

I finally gave up on Server4you. Two days later one of their sales guys called me and asked why I cancelled the contract with them. Bad idea! I spoke without interruption during 5 minutes on how much their support sucks. Nice guy, but unfortunate that he had to call me. Just the fact that I have had a HW failure on one of the disks in the RAID set for the last 4 months or so and they have done nothing (!) about it despite that I have reported it several times, made me finally realize that they could f*** off! :)

I left them. I can't afford to stay. Now I am with Hetzner. €41/month for an Intel quad core, eight threaded, 48 GB RAM, 4 TB "enterprise" (RAID1) disks (I guess the "enterprise" thingy is something like longer MTBFs, I am not sure), 1 Gbps iNIC and 30 TB traffic/month incl priority support + 100 GB backup space. IMHO that's a bargain.

Guess what. There was a minor HW error on the graphics adapter, nothing that would really hurt the business, but they swapped it 5 (!) mins after I reported it. Compare that with Server4You that had 4 months to swap an erronous disk from a RAID set. Compare the support between Hetzner and Server4You - it's like black and white, or heaven and h*ll... :)

We'll see. I still believe in the following:

I finally gave up on Server4you. Two days later one of their sales guys called me and asked why I cancelled the contract with them. Bad idea! I spoke without interruption during 5 minutes on how much their support sucks. Nice guy, but unfortunate that he had to call me. Just the fact that I have had a HW failure on one of the disks in the RAID set for the last 4 months or so and they have done nothing (!) about it despite that I have reported it several times, made me finally realize that they could f*** off! :)

I left them. I can't afford to stay. Now I am with Hetzner. €41/month for an Intel quad core, eight threaded, 48 GB RAM, 4 TB "enterprise" (RAID1) disks (I guess the "enterprise" thingy is something like longer MTBFs, I am not sure), 1 Gbps iNIC and 30 TB traffic/month incl priority support + 100 GB backup space. IMHO that's a bargain.

Guess what. There was a minor HW error on the graphics adapter, nothing that would really hurt the business, but they swapped it 5 (!) mins after I reported it. Compare that with Server4You that had 4 months to swap an erronous disk from a RAID set. Compare the support between Hetzner and Server4You - it's like black and white, or heaven and h*ll... :)

We'll see. I still believe in the following:

thanks for this great reporting!

there are many who say hetzner is (very) good, incl two of the most advanced mailer developers in the world...one of them mwz, the other m.....k.

you can always try to find the non-auction price you would have paid, and view your package in that light, so fast & good applies ;)

Back