Weirdest thing when sending....

serbanovvostrov

This is a fresh install.

I was able to setup mailwizz.
I have installed the sending server Amazon AWS and authenticated a sending address newsletter@clientdomain.com
I have created the first customer with the newsletter@clientdomain.com address

When logging in to the client dashboard and trying to test send a campaign to a subscriber address I get the weirdest response from AWS, stating that the subscriber's email address is not verified in AWS. This is so weird, why would I need to verify the subscriber's address? The sender addres is already verified, this makes sense. (screenshot attached + text below)

I played along and have verified the test email with AWS and lo and behold the email was sent and received.

" Unable to send the test email to subscriberaddress@gmail.com! (Error executing "SendRawEmail" on "https://email.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com"; AWS HTTP error: Client error: `POST https://email.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com` resulted in a `400 Bad Request` response: Sender MessageReje (truncated...) MessageRejected (client): Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-CENTRAL-1: =?utf-8?B??= - Sender MessageRejected Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-CENTRAL-1: =?utf-8?B??= <subscriberaddress@gmail.com> 4e7551c7-0189-4a55-ab46-b5bde5c95b62 )
"

Attachments

• MailWizz | Campaign template-2020-10-23 at 13.17.14.png
    MailWizz | Campaign template-2020-10-23 at 13.17.14.png
    245.8 KB · Views: 8
Hi, thank you for the response. If this is frustrating for you, apologies, but please imagine how frustrating it must be for me. I did read the error message several times, have you read my entire thread though? I followed the guide provided again, to the letter, here's a summary:

1. I am using the Frankfurt (eu-central-1) Amazon location
2. I have created a new IAM user again just now, granted the PowerUserAccess rights and got the proper key/secret combo. IAM users are global and not dependent on location used.
3. While with Sendy we were using domain authentication, I understood that with MailWizz we need to use email authentication. The sender email newsletter@clientdomain.com is properly verified and it's under the same amazon location (Frankfurt eu-central-1). The domain was already verified.
4. went back to mailwizz and updated the key/secret while making sure the hostname is correct (email-smtp.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com) and the email is correct (newsletter@clientdomain.com). Since mailwizz saw this as a new server, I had to validate it again using an email address.
>> I tried using my email address but got the same response as above.
>> i'm on php 5.6 now. thought I'd switch to php 7 just for the fun of it and got the error below.
Argument 1 passed to Aws\Handler\GuzzleV6\GuzzleHandler::Aws\Handler\GuzzleV6\{closure}() must be an instance of Exception, instance of Error given, called in /var/www/vhosts/dtstudyclub.com/email.dtstudyclub.com/mailer/apps/common/vendors/Composer/vendor/guzzlehttp/promises/src/Promise.php on line 203
>> Went back to amazon SES and validated my email address. (please check attached screenshot)
>> returned back to mailwizz, used the exact same email address to validate and I got the validation email instantly and no error (replicated this on both php 7 and 5)

I find it very strange that I need to validate my personal email address with AWS SES.

Now, since the server is validated, let's try to send a test from a campaign.
I tried sending it to my address, it worked fine on both php versions (remember, my address is validated at AWS)

Tried to send it to my colleague mi***@*****.ro and I get the attached errors (different between php 7 and 5).

As soon as I validate my colleague's email address in Amazon SES console (last screenshot), I am able to send him the test emails for the campaign.

To make a long story short:
- I am only able to send emails to emails that are already validated in SES console.
- If the email I SEND TO is not validated in the SES console, I get two distinct errors depending on PHP version used.

Attachments

• SES Management Console-2020-10-23 at 15.31.59.png
    SES Management Console-2020-10-23 at 15.31.59.png
    147.2 KB · Views: 2
  • (3) Weirdest thing when sending.... | MailWizz - Self-hosted email marketing software-2020-10-...png
    (3) Weirdest thing when sending.... | MailWizz - Self-hosted email marketing software-2020-10-...png
    230 KB · Views: 2
  • Error 500!-2020-10-23 at 15.40.13.png
    Error 500!-2020-10-23 at 15.40.13.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 2
  • SES Management Console-2020-10-23 at 15.42.32.png
    SES Management Console-2020-10-23 at 15.42.32.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 2
uh, wait:

"
hen your SES account is in "sandbox" mode, you can:

1. Only send from verified domains and email addressed, and
  2. Only send to verified domains and email addresses"
let me check if my account is for some reason in sandbox mode? though I'm using sendy to send via SES though in US region.

back shortly....

Uff. that was it. Apparently sandboxes for SES are region based. We've been using for years the N Virginia region sending +1M emails a month... did not occur to me that using an EU region would get us quarantined.

Sorry again for wasting your time, but I guess there's something for you to learn here as well :)

Cheers!

Back