We want Delivery Server Domain Policies Back!!!!!

Dear Twisted,

YOu have done a great job with Mailwizz and I am really grateful for you to create such an awesome product. Today I am upgrading to 1.4.1. Everything is good except one thing: The Domain Policies on Delivery Servers.

I was reading one of your posts on forum where you asked for suggestions whether you should remove the Domain Policies or not. Well first of all I apologise you for not being able to read all the posts in forum on a daily basis.

Now coming back to the issue I would like to give you a very clear example:

I have Three server running with 100 IPs each. Initially all the servers are sending to all the domains. But suddenly I noticed that IPs on my first server are blacklisted by Hotmail and i am not able to send any more emails to any of the Microsoft domains from my first server. But the other two servers are still sending emails to hotmails.

Now with Domain Policies on the delivery servers I am able to route all the hotmails from other two servers by just denying hotmails on server 1.

But without domain policies all the emails are distributed between the servers equally so the hotmails trying to get delivered from server 1 will never actually go out. Thus it will increase our bounce rate and will do no good to us.

This scenario works exactly for all of your customers as we do not know when any our IPs can get blacklisted. As soon as any our IPs gets blacklisted we jump to the mailwizz to manage our domain policies from such servers.

I have told you many time before that you should learn about the pmta configuration and how exactly a pmta works and I would like to help you with the same. I am again saying this because I think you decided to remove the domain policies as you do not properly understand the pmta working otherwise you would have have thought about removing the domain policies.

So i request you to please add the domain policies back to the mailwizz as it is a much required feature by the ESPs.

This feature is mainly required by people who maintain their own smtp servers instead of using third party servers like sendgrid or elasticmail. For people who are using third party services it is not required at all.

Also i would be interested to see a poll on the same issue from all of your customers. The last you did got only two votes in total.

Thanks

@Nikhil Garg - I have absolutely no experience with pmta, nor i am interested to gain it as i don't use it.
My opinion is that domain handling should happen at mta level not at application level where it would add too much complexity and cause undesired side effects, like emails getting in a loop and never go out.

What i can do, is I'll open the poll for one more week and see if there's a good interest into adding back the feature, and if no interest, then it's gone.

Dear Twisted,

YOu have done a great job with Mailwizz and I am really grateful for you to create such an awesome product. Today I am upgrading to 1.4.1. Everything is good except one thing: The Domain Policies on Delivery Servers.

I was reading one of your posts on forum where you asked for suggestions whether you should remove the Domain Policies or not. Well first of all I apologise you for not being able to read all the posts in forum on a daily basis.

Now coming back to the issue I would like to give you a very clear example:

I have Three server running with 100 IPs each. Initially all the servers are sending to all the domains. But suddenly I noticed that IPs on my first server are blacklisted by Hotmail and i am not able to send any more emails to any of the Microsoft domains from my first server. But the other two servers are still sending emails to hotmails.

Now with Domain Policies on the delivery servers I am able to route all the hotmails from other two servers by just denying hotmails on server 1.

But without domain policies all the emails are distributed between the servers equally so the hotmails trying to get delivered from server 1 will never actually go out. Thus it will increase our bounce rate and will do no good to us.

This scenario works exactly for all of your customers as we do not know when any our IPs can get blacklisted. As soon as any our IPs gets blacklisted we jump to the mailwizz to manage our domain policies from such servers.

I have told you many time before that you should learn about the pmta configuration and how exactly a pmta works and I would like to help you with the same. I am again saying this because I think you decided to remove the domain policies as you do not properly understand the pmta working otherwise you would have have thought about removing the domain policies.

So i request you to please add the domain policies back to the mailwizz as it is a much required feature by the ESPs.

This feature is mainly required by people who maintain their own smtp servers instead of using third party servers like sendgrid or elasticmail. For people who are using third party services it is not required at all.

Also i would be interested to see a poll on the same issue from all of your customers. The last you did got only two votes in total.

Thanks
To avoid (need of) mwz resending/loops, adjust pmta config, which will reroute traffic from one IP to another, keeping existing queues intact.

@frm.mwz

I know how to route any particular domain from one IP to another within a particular server. But I would like to know how to reroute a prticular domain to another pmta server. can you help?
Thanks

@twisted1919

I guess it wont hurt if you just bring the domain policies back. Let the users decide if they want to use it or not. If a user does not want to use domain policies all they need to do is just ignore in the server settings.

@frm.mwz

I know how to route any particular domain from one IP to another within a particular server. But I would like to know how to reroute a prticular domain to another pmta server. can you help?
Thanks
This is a custom job, please send a PM for this, thanks.

@twisted1919

I guess it wont hurt if you just bring the domain policies back. Let the users decide if they want to use it or not. If a user does not want to use domain policies all they need to do is just ignore in the server settings.
It might be a speed/complexity issue.

@frm.mwz / @Nikhil Garg / @AHK - The problem is not really just speed but the fact emails can get stuck in a loop, say you assign a delivery server to a customer and that server can only send to yahoo, but the customer has lots of gmail addresses. Then what happens, that campaign will never finish. That's the issue i am talking about mainly.

The good news is, that somehow i predicted that somebody will complain about this feature and i have only disabled it from the app, not removed it completely, so adding it back, it people will want it, will be trivial.

@twisted1919 thanks for reply and i know this and its working for us till now.
as now i have one customer who's emails deliver in two ESP gmail through Sparkpost and other through elastic mail.
(cause i get good delivery this way)
how can i do that after updating the application ?
That's why i ask before that this option is vary important to me.

as now i have one customer who's emails deliver in two ESP gmail through Sparkpost and other through elastic mail.
(cause i get good delivery this way)
You see, this exactly is not the job of mailwizz, your end ESP should make sure you get good delivery, not mailwizz.

Hey @twisted1919, I feel "Delivery Server Domain Policies" should be there as a optional part of MailWizz in deep corner of the app. Because many of the other users in MailWizz community are not using powerful MTAs or have extreme deep knowledge to control one. So, I feel that it should be there because your amazing product was meant for Beginner to Expert, not just for experts ;)

Also if MailWizz can do something extra for it's customers without making big impact over performance of app, so I feel that feature should be a part of MailWizz :)

Hey @twisted1919, I feel "Delivery Server Domain Policies" should be there as a optional part of MailWizz in deep corner of the app. Because many of the other users in MailWizz community are not using powerful MTAs or have extreme deep knowledge to control one. So, I feel that it should be there because your amazing product was meant for Beginner to Expert, not just for experts ;)

Also if MailWizz can do something extra for it's customers without making big impact over performance of app, so I feel that feature should be a part of MailWizz :)
This is very true. While technically better at MTA-level, from a convenience perspective, it is great to have the "Delivery Server Domain Policies" within MailWizz. One could have a hint at the 'domain policies settings' that this can mean emails don't go out and camps don't finish, unless there is at least one delivery server that can send the remaining emails. One could e.g. have one for the big four and one for the GI/rest.

@Nikhil Garg - I have absolutely no experience with pmta, nor i am interested to gain it as i don't use it.
My opinion is that domain handling should happen at mta level not at application level where it would add too much complexity and cause undesired side effects, like emails getting in a loop and never go out.

What i can do, is I'll open the poll for one more week and see if there's a good interest into adding back the feature, and if no interest, then it's gone.

@twisted1919

PowerMTA wont bite you if you learn it. It will give you a better understanding of how the complete email system works.

Right now your only considering about the front end part where you just focus on managing email campaigns, lists etc. and delivering them to the SMTP. But with the knowledge of PowerMTA setup an how an email is actually delivered will only help you make a more powerful and much better application.

Back