We removed all email checking extensions from Envato, but don't panic!

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

We had a number of extensions that were doing email verification( KickBox / ZeroBounce / BulkMailChecker, etc ) while new emails were added to the system.
For a while now, we decided that instead of having all these separate extensions, it would be better to only have a single extension that would integrate with all these services.
The first step towards this direction was to remove all the related extensions from Envato.
Next step is to create the extension that puts all these services in a single place so it will be much simpler to use.
Best of all, if there's no other opinion from you, the community, we were thinking to include this new extension in the application core and distribute it with the application, which means you won't be paying for it separately.

Thank you.

Hello,

We had a number of extensions that were doing email verification( KickBox / ZeroBounce / BulkMailChecker, etc ) while new emails were added to the system.
For a while now, we decided that instead of having all these separate extensions, it would be better to only have a single extension that would integrate with all these services.
The first step towards this direction was to remove all the related extensions from Envato.
Next step is to create the extension that puts all these services in a single place so it will be much simpler to use.
Best of all, if there's no other opinion from you, the community, we were thinking to include this new extension in the application core and distribute it with the application, which means you won't be paying for it separately.

Thank you.
That's good to have all Extensions into core application by default.

Hello,

Thank you.
Indeed an excellent decision. Please let's have that. Thank you so much and Kudos!

@twisted1919 this is great. I do have a huge suggestion. And maybe you've already implemented it in the last year or so since I thought of it...

Last I checked these add ons would check an email every time before sending an email. For those of us with huge sends, the extra resources necessary to check all emails every time isn't feasible - including the costs of these services at scale.

It would be amazing if we could select what lists a bounce-prevent extension would be active for... and which campaign. (i.e. in my use case, I would activate it only for 4 lists and for the FIRST autoresponder sent.

This would clean most of these out. Yes emails go bad, but this will take care of a large majority of them right away - without the resources/costs of doing this every campaign sent.

I hope this makes sense... ?

Thank you!

Dan

Reactions: MBB
We have 2 verifiers we run in house. One in rust and one written with twisted (python). We use 2 because one does basic verification and one does domain/mx intel on suspected traps.

I mention this because as you build this functionality into mailwizz, being able to manage multiple verification server address /port and then map how the email is sent would be great.

For example:
server: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
port: 3300
status_key_field: is_reachable,is_safe,etc
{"to_email":["{{SUBSCRIBER_EMAIL}}"]}

Then, i'm curious how Mailwizz consumes the response.
Possibly it would just iterate through the key -> val of the response, looking for a mapped "status" field.

I am also curious as to how you will queue them up to send for verification as well.
Selected segments? selected lists?

Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Hello,

Thank you.
Hello and when will it be available ?. Is it already included in version 1.9.31 or do we have to wait for another update? If you have any of the verification extensions, do you have to remove it now or what should be done?

Hello,

Thank you.
its great step as currently we it was hassels due to getting it verified seperately. Will make the task simple and productive.

hey! will thechecker api be migrated to emailable api now they have been taken over? (support for thechecker looks to continue for a while and no specific timeline appears to have been given). thanks!

Where can I find this option? I am on version 2.1.5 and can not find where to configure email checking

Back