We have been getting "Your email contains nothing" complaints.

Papapooch

We have been getting "Your email contains nothing" complaints.
And we continue to get these complaints. Not many for 300,000 emails a day but still...
Why would this be happening.
Nothing?
It must be the 10th time we heard this.
Must be a bug in Mailwizz when used for high volumes of mail.

=================== QUOTE ==================================
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 3:04 PM
To: 'optout@causeaction.com'
Subject: opt out

The e-mails you send me contain nothing. Why you are even sending them makes no sense to me.

=================== END QUOTE ================================

@Papapooch - If i remember correctly you used to have issues with this when using rss feeds campaigns, and the reason might have been because sometimes the remote call to fetch the feed fails.
Did we ever followed-up with that ? Was that the case?

I think it only occurred with rss feed campaigns. But I don't know how to determine if there are errors. What error logs do you recommend I look at to try and find out what happened? I am also going to post a support request. The server just stopped sending anything when we still had 6 campaigns in the queue, with 4 processing. I was monitoring the campaign-delivery-log on the server and 0 entries were being added. After 10 minutes of that I rebooted the server and they began processing again. Very disturbing. Same question....what logs should I look at and what am I looking for?

think it only occurred with rss feed campaigns. But I don't know how to determine if there are errors. What error logs do you recommend I look at to try and find out what happened? I am also going to post a support request.
This is relatively hard to troubleshoot, i'll add more debug messages for next release, including logging some errors if the message body is empty. This should help in future.

I was monitoring the campaign-delivery-log on the server and 0 entries were being added. After 10 minutes of that I rebooted the server and they began processing again. Very disturbing. Same question....what logs should I look at and what am I looking for?
https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/debug-send-campaigns-command/

Back