Using tags to customize double-post URL

RichardW

Hi,

I'd like to be able to have a custom link in emails so that a user can choose initiate an action on a website.

The website will accept a 'silent post' with querystrings as arguments, so the obvious answer is to include a link of the form href='othersite.com?user='

However, the [email] tag is either ignored (if within the quote) or removed altogether if outside it (something ike href='othersite.com?user='+[email]

Before delving into the 'html purifier' I thought it worth an ask to see if anyone's come across this scenario before, or if there's a known fix. I did find the thread on conditional tags being stripped, which looks like a similar situation (the html 'purifier' removing code or tags it doesn't like) but may not be completely the same thing.

Hi,
I'd like to be able to have a custom link in emails so that a user can choose initiate an action on a website.
find the thread on conditional tags being stripped, which looks like a similar situation (the html 'purifier' removing code or tags it doesn't like) but may not be completely the same thing.

@twisted1919
Is this a problem with the current ckeditor?
Can it be fixed with the drag & drop editor?

@OptiBiz1
Does your mosaico integration solve the above problem?

thx guys!
;)

Last edited:
I've been able to add a link as:
Code:
<a href="http://www.mailwizz.com/index.php?q=[EMAIL]">great</a>
Without any issue.

Thanks for the quick feedback! Embarassingly, it worked for me this morning with a fresh browser session and clean template. On the plus side, now off to investigate mosaico and see if that might solve the mobile device headache.

Back