Using segment on large list.

Scott

I've avoided using segments because back in 2016 it was noted by the owner in this forum that it can use a lot of extra resources. I've come to the point where they would be very useful.

How much impact would a segment filtered by 1 single custom field condition have on a list of say 100,00 subscribers, with 50,000 matching the segment condition?

How much impact would a segment filtered by 1 single custom field condition have on a list of say 100,00 subscribers, with 50,000 matching the segment condition?
Why not simply try it and see? After you create the segment, you have a button to load the subscribers matching that segment. See how long it takes ;)

Oh cool ok. So if the subscribers matching that segment loads fairly fast then it should be ok sending campaigns to these segments?

I guess I didn't clarify in the original post, was worried about the actual sending of campaigns to the segment.

Oh cool ok. So if the subscribers matching that segment loads fairly fast then it should be ok sending campaigns to these segments?
Yes, you can safely send campaigns to segments.

Back