Using multiple smtp sources and domains

Jon Kopp

What is the suggested way to setup sending domains?

1. I have 1 customer.
  2. Customer has multiple domains they can use to send email (i.e., domain.com, domain.info, domain.net).
  3. Customer has multiple SMTP accounts (i.e., smtp.com, elasticemail, mailgun).

Is it suggested to use only one domain and smtp provider or setup multiple and spread sends across all accounts?

And can or should I use multiple smtp providers for only one domain (i.e., setup smtp.com delivery server and elasticemail delivery server to send from same email address/domain (i.e., info@domain.com).

If this method was used, I have have to add multiple DKIM and SPF records to the same domain. Would that have any effect on delivery and authentication?

This is really up to you, if you are not limited by the provider, then a single delivery server is perfect, otherwise, if you have some hourly quotas or the like, you can use multiple delivery servers.
And yes, DKIM/SPF affects your score and the delivery process, you should use these if possible.

I am interested in that as well...

If this method was used, I have have to add multiple DKIM and SPF records to the same domain. Would that have any effect on delivery and authentication?

If I have multiple delivery servers for one domain I need to add more than 1 DKIM and SPF?
Is there a way around it?

Or it shouldn't be a problem?

Back