Url Import Feature

Napoolion

I just discovered yesterday that we have this feature. So many possibilities come to mind now automation wise.

Does anybody use the url import feature for example with google spreadsheets? How is it performing?

Mailwizz is becoming more and more powerful :)

@twisted1919
I am asking because importing/exporting to google spreadsheets means automation with Zapier! You can do a lot of amazing stuff and automation with Zapier, but it would help a lot if it goes straight to google spreadsheets. Google spreadsheets would allow automation straight from web without turning your computer on. I think that would be VERY Powerful feature and all it needs is import/export google spreadsheet option. Rest can be done with Zapier for example.

:)

The url importer only knows csv for now, so i am not sure if it will know how to parse the answer from a google spreadsheet.
Maybe i don't get this...

The url importer only knows csv for now, so i am not sure if it will know how to parse the answer from a google spreadsheet.
Maybe i don't get this...
Okay, it would be very powerful feature one day if it could import from google spreadsheets and export there as well. That means full marketing automation would be available using Zapier and I think the automation of things is where the marketing game is heading right now and will be basic in coming years. Google spreadsheets because it is already online, it can remove and add rows automatically without downloading or uploading any files.

This would mean this can be done:
https://blog.getresponse.com/facebook-lead-ads-zapier.html
Automated targeted ads.

For example somebody clicks a link on your email marketing campaigns, link is about I don't know, shoes. Subscriber will be moved to a list of "people who are interested in shoes" and google sheet will be updated with their information. Zapier picks up that information, sends the info to facebook leads and bang, they will see ads about shoes in their facebook feeds.

Or another example:
Somebody buys contact lenses in your e-commerce shop, Woocommerce picks that up, pushes customer data to google spreadsheet using Zapier, Mailwizz picks up the subscriber from same spreadsheet file, imports it to the list, autoresponder is set to send him a contact lense offer in 3 months when his current contact lenses are going to expire.

I wish I was better with that stuff, I just discovered it's potential, but the value you can create with that stuff is massive if you are creative! :)

Thanks!

Okay, it would be very powerful feature one day if it could import from google spreadsheets and export there as well. That means full marketing automation would be available using Zapier and I think the automation of things is where the marketing game is heading right now and will be basic in coming years. Google spreadsheets because it is already online, it can remove and add rows automatically without downloading or uploading any files.

This would mean this can be done:
https://blog.getresponse.com/facebook-lead-ads-zapier.html
Automated targeted ads.

For example somebody clicks a link on your email marketing campaigns, link is about I don't know, shoes. Subscriber will be moved to a list of "people who are interested in shoes" and google sheet will be updated with their information. Zapier picks up that information, sends the info to facebook leads and bang, they will see ads about shoes in their facebook feeds.

Or another example:
Somebody buys contact lenses in your e-commerce shop, Woocommerce picks that up, pushes customer data to google spreadsheet using Zapier, Mailwizz picks up the subscriber from same spreadsheet file, imports it to the list, autoresponder is set to send him a contact lense offer in 3 months when his current contact lenses are going to expire.

I wish I was better with that stuff, I just discovered it's potential, but the value you can create with that stuff is massive if you are creative! :)

Thanks!
You might discover a few more nuggets if you look at the 'integration tools' in the third party section of the forum ;)

Anyone know where I can set the time for the URL import? The notes say daily but no time
This would be based on your CRON job settings. If you use the provided settings then it is daily at midnight (server time). You need to change the 2nd number to the hour you would like it to run.

Example:
12am (00:00): 0 0 * * * /usr/bin/php -q C:\HTTPDir\unifin.email/apps/console/console.php list-import url >/dev/null 2>&1
2pm (14:00): 0 14 * * * /usr/bin/php -q C:\HTTPDir\unifin.email/apps/console/console.php list-import url >/dev/null 2>&1
3am (03:00): 0 3 * * * /usr/bin/php -q C:\HTTPDir\unifin.email/apps/console/console.php list-import url >/dev/null 2>&1

Back