Upgrading question

corey34

I am finally ready to make an overdue upgrade to MW on my site and have a couple questions:
  1. Do you imagine there being any issue upgrading to 1.5 from 1.3.8.5?
  2. How important is it that you pause campaigns when upgrading?
  3. If #2 is important, is there a good strategy for this when you have hundreds of emails that are sending and paused? It seems like it will be a lot of work remembering which emails were paused, pause every email, then unpause only the ones that were not paused before the update
Thanks

Do you imagine there being any issue upgrading to 1.5 from 1.3.8.5?
In theory no, you should be able to upgrade mailwizz from 1.0 to 1.5.0 without any issues, this is why our updates are so large in size.

How important is it that you pause campaigns when upgrading?
You should make sure campaigns aren't running while upgrading, it's hugely important. Mailwizz will disable the cron jobs while the upgrade is running, but there are chances things are left in the pipe and might act weird, so it's up to you to make sure nothing is sending when you run the upgrade.

If #2 is important, is there a good strategy for this when you have hundreds of emails that are sending and paused?
Yes it is. Put the application offline. This will block all the cron jobs and command line commands except the update command.
So you put the app offline, then make sure no campaign is sending anymore, then you update.

Yes it is. Put the application offline. This will block all the cron jobs and command line commands except the update command.
So you put the app offline, then make sure no campaign is sending anymore, then you update.
Perfect. This is what I misunderstood then. I thought I had to pause all the autoresponders.

Thanks

Back