Upgrade from 1.9.43 to 2.0.24 not working for me

paweld

Hi There!

First I updated to 1.9.43 then I tried to upgrade to 2.0.24

But by mistake, I deleted the original update folder for 1.9.43 and copied it from 2.0.24 and copied also config with database login details (

/apps/common/config/main-custom.php + runtime folder )

But I get the message when running /update

CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'email.mw_translation_source_message' doesn't exist

Can you help me pls :)

Last edited:
Hi,

check here in point #3 https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/upgrading-notes-for-maiwizz-1-x-to-mailwizz-2-x/

#3. If you are using a language pack other than english, you need to set your application default language to english. You can do this from Backend > Extend > Translations.
For best results, if your user (not customer) account is using a different language than english, edit it and make sure it also uses english

#3. You started the upgrade process and you’re using other language than english and now you’re getting an error related to translations and/or missing translation database tables.
You will have to login via FTP and open the file apps/common/config/main.php and locate this piece of code:

This piece of code ( described in the article ).
Sorry is not easy copy/paste with mobile :)

'messages' => [
'class' => 'CDbMessageSource',
'cachingDuration' => 3600,
'sourceMessageTable' => '{{translation_source_message}}',
'translatedMessageTable' => '{{translation_message}}',
],

and delete it. Simply remove it and save the file.
This should allow you to continue with the upgrade process. Once the upgrade process is done, simply undo your changes to this file, put back the code you just deleted, and save the file.

@nemesis82

Thank you!

It worked after some more trouble as I also had to copy the backend and frontend folder from the original site into the update folder. I think that was a big issue that I deleted this update folder by mistake (as described in the first post) :]

And also I had to copy 2.0.24 PHP files over. As basically the database migrations were run just fine. But still new files were missing ( posting as a reference for others )

Probably my case was special, so for other people be careful following my steps :D

Back