Update sending domain not working

Gore

https://gyazo.com/dab01dcda76357d1b51a73e8e7e58a0b

For some reason the generated DNS records are weird without 'IN' and are formatted strangely.
Also getting the error even if the TXT records are updated as specified.
  • Unable to retrieve the TXT records for your domain name.

This is the error I see in my syslog -
loading from master file /etc/bind/zones/cashkernel.co.db failed: unbalanced quotes

Tried below two configurations, still gives me the cannot be found error -

mailer._domainkey.cashkernel.co IN TXT ("v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDEkiRw1WQ9BrTis8i0a56cLhra"
"50E4qVxub5EfyWEeB45XUkJt9uC8mhRah5gWwq8fo820FovHM0lMFkKC0/pu+FQO"
"RXxD+pDnglboYAvVIsn0oupM6F2q1aX4MUFIXZzwNikYXUG40wPDiRuoLTTriof8"
"ZcV/iMPT6SiAPutruwIDAQAB;")

mailer._domainkey.cashkernel.co IN TXT "v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDEkiRw1WQ9BrTis8i0a56cLhra
50E4qVxub5EfyWEeB45XUkJt9uC8mhRah5gWwq8fo820FovHM0lMFkKC0/pu+FQO
RXxD+pDnglboYAvVIsn0oupM6F2q1aX4MUFIXZzwNikYXUG40wPDiRuoLTTriof8
ZcV/iMPT6SiAPutruwIDAQAB;"

Last edited:
But did you check the screenshot ?
The formatting is the first problem. It is autogenerating wrong formatting.

Secondly, the updating is happening correctly because the other txt records get updated. But when I am adding the DKIM txt to my private dns list, it gives me this error -
loading from master file /etc/bind/zones/cashkernel.co.db failed: unbalanced quotes

There's no issue with the formatting since that is just showing the values, is not meant to be copy pasted into the bind configuration directly, if it was like so, it would have included much more info.

Related to the unbalanced quotes, maybe you must escape the input, so instead of something like:
Code:
v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GAAqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCrLHiExVd55zd/IQ/J/mRwSRMAocV/hMB3jXwaHH36d9NaVynQFYV8NaWi69c1veUtRzGt7yAioXqLj7Z4TeEUoOLgrKsn8YnckGs9i3B3tVFB+Ch/4mPhXWiNfNdynHWBcPcbJ8kjEQ2U8y78dHZj1YeRXXVvWob2OaKynO8/lQIDAQAB;
You'd do:
Code:
v=DKIM1\; k=rsa\; p=MIGfMA0GAAqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCrLHiExVd55zd/IQ/J/mRwSRMAocV/hMB3jXwaHH36d9NaVynQFYV8NaWi69c1veUtRzGt7yAioXqLj7Z4TeEUoOLgrKsn8YnckGs9i3B3tVFB+Ch/4mPhXWiNfNdynHWBcPcbJ8kjEQ2U8y78dHZj1YeRXXVvWob2OaKynO8/lQIDAQAB\;
But overall, the records are fine and it depends on how you add them into your dns manager.

Ok, just to be sure, this is how the formatting is right now now when it is autogenerated. My 3 questions -
1. Should I not be adding an 'IN' before TXT
2.Should I be adding the domain name name after mailer ._domainkey like mailed._domainkey.domain_name ?
3. Is add sending domain in Mailwizz the same thing as 'Verify a new domain' in the AWS SES Console ? Asking just so I don't do the same thing twice

mailer._domainkey TXT "v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCpdp986TIH+T+/0myJxNpGVi8G
KMXCDi1WJ6QgLwB69grdHiUCD7vaVB1eL4NR75cH7wXwFLUxYUQITQqbK/geGcUq
jc5qaa/DguwfyrC9/pz/doIif2GBfSquPDTv3HHFXJLGUbzMxECNvezw64gO83VY
YNAuVBgsIyT8ccOIVwIDAQAB;"

1. Should I not be adding an 'IN' before TXT
If you add them directly in the named file, then you should add the IN statement.
2.Should I be adding the domain name name after mailer ._domainkey like mailed._domainkey.domain_name ?
I am not sure about this, look at the other records in same bind zone and see if they use the domain name, if they don't, then don't add it.
3. Is add sending domain in Mailwizz the same thing as 'Verify a new domain' in the AWS SES Console ? Asking just so I don't do the same thing twice
It's same thing almost. You use this feature in mailwizz if the smtp server you are using cannot sign your emails. In case of amazon ses, signing is done by them so you don't have to use from mailwizz.

Thanks bro will try it out, I think I made a good choice buying mailwizz over sendy ! :)
One last question about this ->

It's same thing almost. You use this feature in mailwizz if the smtp server you are using cannot sign your emails. In case of amazon ses, signing is done by them so you don't have to use from mailwizz.

Is there anyway to be able to send emails dynamically from any email address name on a particular verified domain. Right now SES requires us to verify each and every individual email address before sending from it. Does Mailwizz offer a workaround for that ?

Is there anyway to be able to send emails dynamically from any email address name on a particular verified domain. Right now SES requires us to verify each and every individual email address before sending from it. Does Mailwizz offer a workaround for that ?
Right now there isn't really a work around this, so each email has to be verified. Amazon supports domain wide verification for emails, but we don't support this for now, though we have in plan to do so.

Back