Unsubscribes changed !

Stefanos

Hello,

Sent a newsletter to about 150k users.
Had about 2-3k unsubscribes the last time i checked (before now).

Now i just logged to mailwizz and i see the the unsubscribes are 44!
I can also confirm this by going to the list of the 150k users and Select to only show me the unsubscribed ones, and indeed i get 44 results.

This is of course disastrous as I don't seem to have the correct data and sending out another email to unsubscribed emails would be considered spam.

Any ideas?

Thanks
S.

Hello,

Sent a newsletter to about 150k users.
Had about 2-3k unsubscribes the last time i checked (before now).

Now i just logged to mailwizz and i see the the unsubscribes are 44!
I can also confirm this by going to the list of the 150k users and Select to only show me the unsubscribed ones, and indeed i get 44 results.

This is of course disastrous as I don't seem to have the correct data and sending out another email to unsubscribed emails would be considered spam.

Any ideas?

Thanks
S.
Have a look into the bounce box if everything was processed, and if not, then check if it works by running it manually.

Hello, thanks for the reply.

Sorry, what bounce box?

The bounces are there, about 10k.

Also, all crons are running normally.

Also, it seems all other data is there.

Opens, bounces, everything.

But the first unsubscribe is at 17/1/17, which is of course not correct. This was a new years eve email and people started unsubscribing from day1 (1.1.17).

Hello again,
I logged into the database.
Table mw_list_subscriber
It seems that the data shown on the backend is correct, the subscribers with status "UNSUBSCRIBED" are indeed 44.

This is really disastrous.

Anybody have idea how this may have happened?

Is this a bug?

Not a bug but unsubscribes are not kept in the system forever. By default they are kept 30 days and then removed. The duration is given from Backend > Settings > Cron ( /backend/index.php/settings/cron ), Subscriber Settings box.

@Stefanos - But anyway, your question made me wonder... should we still keep these 30 days, or should we keep them forever by default and then you can adjust it to lower periods of time...?

@twisted1919 I think deleting the unsubscribed emails by default is the right thing to do. There is no reason for them to sit in the database.
However, what you should do is make it clear for the users that they are deleted after 30 days, and this can be changed if needed.

should we still keep these 30 days, or should we keep them forever by default and then you can adjust it to lower periods of time...?
For mailing it would be good to keep the database slim, and for a crm it might be best to keep a full history.

Thanks guys, we'll leave it as is for now then :)
Can we please have the option to either keep the unsubscribes forever or move them to a separate list to be able to access them and compare/sync them or use to cleanse lists?

Scenario:
  1. action on user open or clicked from a campaign
  2. add those users to a new list
  3. they will be disconnected from their original list and any unsubscribes will have no effect on those
  4. re-target users on that new list will have a certain number of unsubscribes that cannot be allocated

@nadworks - if you set "Unsubscribe days " to 0, then it will keep them in the system forever, and you can then run all kind of queries on the list against the unsubs, so that should work for what you're after, right ?

Back