unsubscribers want to re-subscribe

nadworks

Tried to find info abut this in the forum, but couldn't find any results:

We've been getting requests from users and clients about how to let previously unsubscribed records to re-subscribe and going through the confirmation/double opt-in process. It doesn't seem to work and seems that once unsubscribed, you cannot rejoin a list.

We've just done a test and unsubscribed from a list.
We then tried to subscribe again with the same email address and received the list-owner alert "new subscriber added" as expected.
The test email never received a double opt-in (which is fine if that how it works).
But in the list in MailWizz, the record still continued to be shown as unsubscribed.

Is that how it's built, a glitch on our side, or an option to select? We'll definitely need this to work. Too many people change their mind at a later stage.

Last edited:
Is that how it's built, a glitch on our side, or an option to select? We'll definitely need this to work. Too many people change their mind at a later stage.
I tested on our dev and all it's working as expected. If a subscribe unsubscribe from list and then subscribe again: if Opt in is Double Opt-In then confirmation email is sent to subscriber and when subscriber confirm email address this is marked as confirmed in list, if Opt in is Single Opt-in then subscriber will be marked directly as confirmed in list without confirmation.

I tested on our dev and all it's working as expected. If a subscribe unsubscribe from list and then subscribe again: if Opt in is Double Opt-In then confirmation email is sent to subscriber and when subscriber confirm email address this is marked as confirmed in list, if Opt in is Single Opt-in then subscriber will be marked directly as confirmed in list without confirmation.
Ok, so since this is not how it works in my case, where should I look for the potential issue, please?

Thanks, @twisted1919, will do.
But for what it's worth, it seems to be an API issue.
When I try the above resubscribe process using the MailWizz signup page, all works fine and exactly as @laurentiu tested it.

However, we cannot use the MailWizz form everywhere since it's not an easily branded / attractive form. So we utilise Greenforms with all our Wordpress websites, which has MailWizz support via API built in as a feature. The user experience is great and suggested all is fine. But the email never re-updates as "confirmed" in the database and the user never receives a new confirmation (double opt-in) email either.

This only happens with Greeforms and since all they do is use the API, I wonder if there's something incorrectly set in the API that does not cover for the resubscribe scenario.

I remembered that this had come up before and found this thread:
There's no reply from anyone form the MailWizz team, but it would be ace if this could be investigated, since Greeforms is the only decent WP formbuilder with MailWizz integration, which is hugely valuable. The re-subscribe problem is a massive issue for us and our clients now and it would be great if it could get fixed.

@nadworks - in order to work with API you need to add status in your endpoint, for example if you want to confirm subscriber then this is how your endpoint request need to be:

PHP:
$response = $endpoint->createUpdate('xx310gl7gnfb1', [
    'EMAIL'    => 'laurentiu.zorila@onetiwst.com',
    'FNAME'    => 'Laurentiu',
    'LNAME'    => 'Zorila',
    'details' => ['status'   => 'confirmed'],
]);

@nadworks - in order to work with API you need to add status in your endpoint, for example if you want to confirm subscriber then this is how your endpoint request need to be:

PHP:
$response = $endpoint->createUpdate('xx310gl7gnfb1', [
    'EMAIL'    => 'laurentiu.zorila@onetiwst.com',
    'FNAME'    => 'Laurentiu',
    'LNAME'    => 'Zorila',
    'details' => ['status'   => 'confirmed'],
]);
Thanks, but that's slightly above my pay grade. How and where do I apply this exactly?

Back