Unsubscribe link not clickable

Ahmed

I'm sending some test emails to myself to different email addresses and I'm noticing that the shortcut tags ([UNSUBSCRIBE_URL] [WEB_VERSION_URL] etc) are not clickable in both yahoo or hotmail,

They are clickable in gmail though...

The strange thing is...when I was testing with Amazon SES then the links inside of Hotmail were clickable (yahoo was the same) and Amazon delivered everything to the inbox.

I'm now testing with mandrill but emails sent to hotmail go to the spam..Yahoo still reaches the inbox...I know a unsubscribe link is a requirement and im just wondering if these urls that are not linked are getting picked up or not and if this could be one of the reasons why it's landing in the spam for hotmail

Ive got my SPF and DKIM setup for both amazon and mandrill and my email headers are showing they are getting passed..

Is there anything I can do to make sure the tag urls are always clcikable - maybe write some text and hyperlink it ?

thanks

Attachments

• clickable.png
    clickable.png
    166.9 KB · Views: 24
@Ahmed - Just turn the editor in source mode and insert something like:
Code:
<a href="[UNSUBSCRIBE_URL]">Unsubscribe</a>
Then turn in back in visual mode. This will make your url become an actual link ;)

Guess what - After making the unsubscribe links clickable - my emails form mandrill are now landing in hotmails inbox :)
Maybe you can force the Tags to be hyperlinked ....Just a suggestion for the next update

Cannot expect each customer to add above code in his campaigns.
So, I put this link in the footer of Campaign. <a href="[UNSUBSCRIBE_URL]">Unsubscribe</a>

The mail i got had the compulsory field with correct link BUT the footer part with SendGrid link instead of my server.

http://xxxx.com/index.php/lists/gh729np8f4224/unsubscribe/xr7039sdstdae/oy820bb88wcfa
>>> This has my xxxx.com link

Unsubscribe >>> this had sendgrid link

How ELSE to make an unsubscribe link part of all campaigns ?

Cannot expect each customer to add above code in his campaigns.
So, I put this link in the footer of Campaign. <a href="[UNSUBSCRIBE_URL]">Unsubscribe</a>

The mail i got had the compulsory field with correct link BUT the footer part with SendGrid link instead of my server.

http://xxxx.com/index.php/lists/gh729np8f4224/unsubscribe/xr7039sdstdae/oy820bb88wcfa
>>> This has my xxxx.com link

Unsubscribe >>> this had sendgrid link

How ELSE to make an unsubscribe link part of all campaigns ?
Put it as forced/required for all customer groups.

Put it as forced/required for all customer groups.

Its already compulsory. But that link comes in email as UN-Clickable. As plain text.

And, as i said, i cannot teach all customers to put coding like :
<a href="[UNSUBSCRIBE_URL]">Unsubscribe</a>

And if I put it as HEADER in CAMPAIGN SETTINGS, the mail i got had a CLICKABLE link, BUT with SendGrid's (or other 3rd party's) unsubscribe link instead of my server's.

Back