Understanding Bounce Mails

Andrew P

I have set up bounce server details for the account. But I need to be sure of what is actually happening and wonder if there is anything else I need to do...it seems a little simple :) ...which of course...I like!

1) Am I correct in thinking that by setting up the bounce server, any emails that are bounced back are automatically redirect to / processed by the bounce set up?
2) If 1 is true, what happens to the emails that are bounced back. Are they automatically deleted?
3) If 2 is true, then what about the corresponding email stored in the database, is that too removed or, in someway, is it removed from future posts? (for example, to save bandwidth and waste)

My first impressions of MailWizz? VERY cool!

Hi @Andrew P :)

1) Am I correct in thinking that by setting up the bounce server, any emails that are bounced back are automatically redirect to / processed by the bounce set up?
As long as the bounce server is associated with the delivery server(s) then yes, this is true.

2) If 1 is true, what happens to the emails that are bounced back. Are they automatically deleted?
They are not deleted. They are marked as blacklisted and kept in the system for a while depending on your settings from backend > settings > cron

3) If 2 is true, then what about the corresponding email stored in the database, is that too removed or, in someway, is it removed from future posts? (for example, to save bandwidth and waste)
Campaigns are sent only to confirmed subscribers, so blacklisted subscribers won't get them anymore.
We keep them in the system because we need them for stats, that's all ;)

Hope it helps.
Thanks.

Back