Unable to write the configuration file!

Hey @ozonostudio ,
When exactly you get this error, while installing mailwizz?
Sometimes php reports wrong folder permissions, so can you make sure that once you are at the FileSystem install screen, and the installer says all those folders are writable, you make them writable once again by changing their permissions to 0777 recursive.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks.

When I install the script all the installation steps are green, and I already check the folders and everything looks fine, but inclusive with this the installer don't create the configuration file

@ozonostudio - have you specifically set the required folder to 0777 recursive?
The only reason why the installer cannot write the config file is because it doesn't have enough permissions, if you chmod the needed folders to 0777 recursive, then there's no reason for it not to work. Makes sense?

yes; why? I really don't know why but suddenly start to work, I have a question, I have a prev. version of this script on the same site, but all my host have a problem and almost all the sites stop working inclusive your script ( because a hacker enter into my server ) there's a way to import all the email accounts? I already try to update or reinstall but I always get a 503 error when I connect to the mysql server

No idea why, most likely was some temporary issue...
If you have a previous version, why don't you simply upgrade it to latest version?
Read the README file from inside your mailwizz-1.3.5.8 zip archive and you'll see how to properly upgrade (you also have a video for this in same file)

I'm having the same issues as ozoneostudio.

my database password is correct but I'm still not able to face the prob as "unable to write the configuration file"

Please assist

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-02-10 14.39.07.png
    Screenshot 2017-02-10 14.39.07.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 40
after I closed the account and reopen it, i got an "Error 503" saying I'm using nulled file.

"It seems this application does not use a license key which suggests it actually is a nulled application which is illegal to use.Keep in mind that nulled apps contain backdoors and exploits that can allow full access to this server. Please make sure you install a proper copy of the application as soon as possible. Once you do this, this message will go away. Thank you."

How can I solved it?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-02-10 15.07.10.png
    Screenshot 2017-02-10 15.07.10.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 22
@KYI - Go to apps/common/config folder on your server and remove the main-custom.php file if it has been created. Then check the database and if any table has been created in the mailwizz database, drop it, then start the install process once again.

Reactions: KYI
@KYI - Go to apps/common/config folder on your server and remove the main-custom.php file if it has been created. Then check the database and if any table has been created in the mailwizz database, drop it, then start the install process once again.

Cool! I able to use the mailwizz now. Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Back