Unable to prepare the email content!

Michael Wilding

What does this mean?

I’ve just started getting it and it seems every time I send to a large list more of them get this fail to send report.

Thanks

@Michael Wilding - Generally this happens when the email doesn't have a subject or a body. This usually doesn't happen. The only case i can think of is if your email content is populated from a remote source and fetching that source fails, which is why mailwizz stops processing and goes to the next subscriber and will retry sending this failed email next time when the campaign will run.

I am sure it has nothing to do with latest version but with the email content you are using.
I advise you to run a test campaign using the default template that comes with mailwizz and see how that goes.

@twisted1919 What I don't understand is why just 1% (for example) of emails get this. Surely the content is there or not, why would it be able to send to 99% of the list and then be unable to prepare the email for 1%r

@twisted1919 What I don't understand is why just 1% (for example) of emails get this. Surely the content is there or not, why would it be able to send to 99% of the list and then be unable to prepare the email for 1%r
If you can debug or even display values of variables on each step you should be able to find the reason, but it might be quite cumbersome.
Perhaps easier to remove the causes. What happens if you send plain text? If that had no errors over the whole list, then it could be a combination of factors.

Problem is, smaller lists have no errors. I’m wondering if it’s something to do with speed of processing? It only appeared after upgrading, prior to that all sends were 100% delivered.

Problem is, smaller lists have no errors. I’m wondering if it’s something to do with speed of processing? It only appeared after upgrading, prior to that all sends were 100% delivered.
Because not every transaction is integrity checked (as this would slow things down) there is a point when things start to fail (because some part in the whole clock work) cannot keep up (and then error(s) come out somewhere).
Same thing re overclocking computers or enhancing cars, the parts are designed only up to a certain load point (for elevators usually double published load as they bounce on acceleration/stop), each part differently, so lots of testing, replacing, improving, and tuning (with associated cost/risk) can get you far ;)
Goes back to the old: 'find the sweet spot'. Maybe it works best with/out temp table, or redis. Maybe your dbf needs a better adjustment or nvme might help. For some cases, taking 10s break makes the whole process more steady and less load intensive. Trial til no error.

I’ve been playing and testing and cannot fathom this out. We were getting 100% delivered until I upgraded, which would indicate to me the upgrade has caused it, although it could be conflicting with something we are doing.

Is there any serious way to debug this message @twisted1919 ? It seems to be happening for random emails not at beginning, middle or end. Is there a way to provide more detail in the error report. I can’t find anything in the logging pages

I wonder if it's anything to do with this error @twisted1919 ?

2018/11/17 12:22:02 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!Campaign UID: ry592foj27dee

I cannot fathom why I'm getting loads of this error either. I've got two active servers and one is set to ALL, and emails are going out. Any ideas?

I wonder if it's anything to do with this error @twisted1919 ?

2018/11/17 12:22:02 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!Campaign UID: ry592foj27dee

I cannot fathom why I'm getting loads of this error either. I've got two active servers and one is set to ALL, and emails are going out. Any ideas?
Just do the send debug and look at the log as well as keep all limits in mind you have set, that should be all that is needed.

Back