Unable to configure Sparkpost

mailmole

I am having problems setting up connection between my mailwizz and sparkpost.

I have tried setting up Sparkpost both as an SMTP and web API. But, in both instances, I get errors. Here are the quoted error messages:

Error when connecting as an SMTP:
Cannot send the confirmation email using the data you provided.
Here is a transcript of the error message:
Connection could not be established with host smtp.eu.sparkpostmail.com [Unable to find the socket transport "starttls" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? #32560]
Log data:
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport
!! Connection could not be established with host smtp.eu.sparkpostmail.com [Unable to find the socket transport "starttls" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? #32560] (code: 0)

Error when connecting as a Web API:
Unauthorized.

It would be preferable to resolve at least the issue with the web API. I've tried several API keys, for both domains and subdomains, to no avail :(

[Unable to find the socket transport "starttls" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? #32560] (code: 0)
This tells you what to check (php config) (and perhaps look at the mwz requirements checker) or go to whoever did the server setup.

Error when connecting as a Web API:
Unauthorized.
Simply do the correct setup in mwz (see the info [ i ] top right for the webhook) and in spark, then it should work.

This tells you what to check (php config) (and perhaps look at the mwz requirements checker) or go to whoever did the server setup.

Simply do the correct setup in mwz (see the info [ i ] top right for the webhook) and in spark, then it should work.

Hi frm, thank you for your reply.

Regarding the Web API error, I checked all the info buttons and followed the instructions, including creating and successfully testing the web hook. However, I am still unable to validate the server.

The error message is quite generic and not very informative. It simply says "unauthorized access." I did some googling but didn't find much regarding the issue.

The error message is quite generic and not very informative. It simply says "unauthorized access." I did some googling but didn't find much regarding the issue.
If I were in such situation, I would first fix my server, so that the php starttls error goes away, which will mean at least php, if not even webserver (cert) fix. However, there are some hosts, which block certain protocols and ports, and perhaps even certain webapi operations, so ask them as well if they block anything, and if so what specifically.

Back