Two Delivery Servers -- How to use both?

Carson

Hey everyone,

So I just set up two delivery servers (ElasticEmail & Mailgun). I used the Web API for both, everything is configured and working fine.

Now I want to use both servers when sending an email. Like use one server for 50% of the list and the other server for the rest. Or in rotation, if that's possible.

What's the best way to do this in Mailwizz?

I'm a bit confused about the backend/customer area and the customer groups.

Can anyone outline the steps to accomplish this?

Thank you.

Hi Carson,

For Multiple delivery server, you have to assign to your customer server.

Go to your Customer Group > Campaign > Change Server at :

lets say 500, then every 500 email sent, server will be changed.

Regards,

VPul.

Reactions: dev
@Carson beside what @Vpul Shah says, if you don't use groups, you can do that change from backend -> settings -> cron.
Keep in mind that if you are sending to 100 Subscribers at once (Backend -> settings -> cron) and you set the Change server at option to 250 it won't cut it since the app never reaches 250, it stops at 100, so in that case you have to set 500 subscribers at once so that the second server can be selected.

Reactions: dev
@twisted1919 & @Vpul Shah thanks for the help.

A few more questions...

1. So if I will use Mailwizz only for myself (one customer), do I need to create a customer group? I would prefer to use the Customer area when managing campaigns.

2. Also, do I need to set a limit on emails since neither ElasticEmail or Mailgun impose any sending limits?

3. All I need is to send emails to one big list using both servers (50/50) or in rotation. I also need fast delivery when sending one email. How should I configure them? In rotation? If yes, then after how many emails should it switch to the other server?

Thanks.

1. So if I will use Mailwizz only for myself (one customer), do I need to create a customer group? I would prefer to use the Customer area when managing campaigns.
You don't have to use customer groups if you don't want to.

2. Also, do I need to set a limit on emails since neither ElasticEmail or Mailgun impose any sending limits?
If they don't impose limits, don't set one.

3. All I need is to send emails to one big list using both servers (50/50) or in rotation. I also need fast delivery when sending one email. How should I configure them? In rotation? If yes, then after how many emails should it switch to the other server?
In Backend -> Settings -> Cron: Subscribers at once = 500, Change server at = 250

Thanks @twisted1919 . What about the following options:

- Send at once (currently: 50)
- Emails per minute (currently: 100)

How should I configure them if EE and Mailgun don't impose any limits?

Also, anything else I need to change/configure? I mean, changes I need to do to the default settings?

And one more question... if I used the Web API for both ElasticEmail and Mailgun, do I need to set up bounce servers or feedback loops? (besides setting up Webhooks)

Thanks.

- Send at once (currently: 50)
- Emails per minute (currently: 100)
Put these to 0, you don't need them ;)

Also, anything else I need to change/configure? I mean, changes I need to do to the default settings?
Not for now.

if I used the Web API for both ElasticEmail and Mailgun, do I need to set up bounce servers or feedback loops? (besides setting up Webhooks)
With web api's you don't need bounce servers nor fbls, web hooks take care of everything ;)

Thanks.

@twisted1919 thanks for the help.

I have one more question about Probability. It's currently set to 50% on both delivery servers. Is that okay?

Or the Backend settings overwrites that?

When does probability kick in? It seems like many of these settings overlap. So is it better to configure Cron settings for "send at once" + "change server at" to alternate 2 servers, or use the probability?

What would happen if I have:
Subscribers at once: 1000
Send at once: 500
Change server at: 0
Server 1 probability: 20%
Server 2 probability: 80%

Guess I'm not clear on the hand-off between the two sets of settings.

If you need to alternate between two servers, then "change server at" is your best option. Keep in mind that this number has to be lower than subscribers at once.

Ok. I don't want a 50/50 split though, maybe something like 80/20. So if I configure "change server at" to an appropriate setting and leave probability to 100% for both, should I then just put the server "hourly quota" low for the second server? Will it hit the "change server at" only up until the hourly quota and then just use the other primary server?

You can try using the hourly quota and set a lower number so that once it's reached that server won't be used anymore.
But, give it a try and see how it works.

Is the above true? Will you get blacklisted for rotating delivery servers?
generally yes, but you can easily have more DS from one company within the same IP block, hence switch volume, but invisible to the outside ;)

generally yes, but you can easily have more DS from one company within the same IP block, hence switch volume, but invisible to the outside ;)

What if I am trying to warm up my server and want to use mandrill to spread it out until my server warms up?

Oh and what is DS? LOL

You don't have to use customer groups if you don't want to.

If they don't impose limits, don't set one.

In Backend -> Settings -> Cron: Subscribers at once = 500, Change server at = 250
In my case I have created just a customer and not a group, all settings for server change at = 250 are in place, and subscriber at 500 also, but I noticed the server is not changing at 250, so I'm stuck to only send with one server out of five servers that are configured to deliver messages.

In my case I have created just a customer and not a group, all settings for server change at = 250 are in place, and subscriber at 500 also, but I noticed the server is not changing at 250, so I'm stuck to only send with one server out of five servers that are configured to deliver messages.
Try to lower value from Change server at to 50 and check if this will work? Are the other delivery servers set to send campaigns? can you check if the option: Use for is set to All in the other delivery servers?

Back