Tweak wanted to record the confirmation IP address rather than the subscription one.

I have set up Integromat to push new subscribers onto a list. The IP grabbed is the one from Integromat servers.
When confirming the subscription, the IP remains the one used at the signup (double opt-in).

I think with new stricter legislation (GDPR, PoPIA etc;..) the proof of signup/consent should be the confirming IPs, not the registering one.

I think with new stricter legislation (GDPR, PoPIA etc;..) the proof of signup/consent should be the confirming IPs, not the registering one.
If you take a look at each subscriber, at their profile info, you will see the opt-in date as well ;)
Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 07.54.00.png

Hi there,

1) Strangely I don't get the same fields, perhaps something in the settings I am missing?

CleanShot 2021-09-14 at 07.31.45@2x.jpg

2) If I export the customer info as a csv, the confirm IP is showing - this should take care of the legalities :)
3) When you say the "This will always be the latest IP address used in the communication.", on the example below, the latest communication was my confirm click. (I am based in South Africa, not a Czechia IP (integromat's IP range))
CleanShot 2021-09-14 at 07.35.19@2x.jpg

Strangely I don't get the same fields, perhaps something in the settings I am missing?
Scroll in that popup, the content is hidden under the fold so you need to scroll ;)
2) If I export the customer info as a csv, the confirm IP is showing - this should take care of the legalities
Yup, that is correct.
3) When you say the "This will always be the latest IP address used in the communication.", on the example below, the latest communication was my confirm click. (I am based in South Africa, not a Czechia IP (integromat's IP range))
In the subscription/update profile form.

Thanks for this, that resolves my issue :)
(Perhaps a small visual queue in the popup "scroll for more ⬇️" not sure many people realise that, since there are no scroll bars)

Back