Transactional emails is slow to sending

fabyc

Hi.

When sending transactional emails trough system (for example when password recovery) or through API, the email take between 40 seconds and 2 minutes in sending.

Is there a way to speed it up?

I'm testing without send campaigns and without sending another transactional emails.

For me, if it is transactional, it should be sent inmediatly.

I attach a screenshoot of the configuration of the delivery server. It is configured for all kind of email: Campaigns, Transactional emails, Email tests, etc.

I was watching in https://www.domainexample.com/backend/transactional-emails/index and effectively the Status is "Unsent" and after 40 sec to 2 min is "Sent".

Thanks in advanced

Attachments

• delivery-server-configuration.png
    delivery-server-configuration.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hi.

When sending transactional emails trough system (for example when password recovery) or through API, the email take between 40 seconds and 2 minutes in sending.

Is there a way to speed it up?

I'm testing without send campaigns and without sending another transactional emails.

For me, if it is transactional, it should be sent inmediatly.

I attach a screenshoot of the configuration of the delivery server. It is configured for all kind of email: Campaigns, Transactional emails, Email tests, etc.

I was watching in https://www.domainexample.com/backend/transactional-emails/index and effectively the Status is "Unsent" and after 40 sec to 2 min is "Sent".

Thanks in advanced
Hello Fabyc,

Can you check your Cron job for Transaction Email - I think it will be 2 minute.

Hi @Vpul Shah

I saw the cronjob and I tested crontab for every 2 minutes and every 1 minute.

My main question is if is there is a way to send transactional emails ASAP, for example every 5 seconds or send it immediatly.

I would like to send it immediately because I'm testing sending them through API from a third party software and it is needed send the email if is possible maximum 5 seconds.

If there is a way to send them immediately, that could be great.

Thanks

I could resolve it. :)

If someone has the same need, this is the solution I implemented:

* * * * * /usr/bin/php/7.3/bin/php -q /path/to/mailwizz/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1
* * * * * sleep 15 ; /usr/bin/php/7.3/bin/php -q /path/to/mailwizz/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1
* * * * * sleep 30 ; /usr/bin/php/7.3/bin/php -q /path/to/mailwizz/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1
* * * * * sleep 45 ; /usr/bin/php/7.3/bin/php -q /path/to/mailwizz/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1

I run crontab every 15 seconds.

Thanks

* * * * * /usr/bin/php/7.3/bin/php -q /path/to/mailwizz/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1
* * * * * sleep 15 ; /usr/bin/php/7.3/bin/php -q /path/to/mailwizz/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1
* * * * * sleep 30 ; /usr/bin/php/7.3/bin/php -q /path/to/mailwizz/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1
* * * * * sleep 45 ; /usr/bin/php/7.3/bin/php -q /path/to/mailwizz/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1

Thanks
Looks good.

Thanks
Hi @Fabyc ,

I'm in the same situation, just wondering if you have noticed a change of Mailwizz performance after setting the cron every 15 seconds ?

Have you noticed some errors ? (when having many transactional + campaign running at the same time)

Thanks
Interested to know too

Since version 2.0.21 the transactional emails feature makes use of pcntl, so it will be at least 10 times faster, no need to add multiple crons for it ;)

Back