Tracking URL & Bounce Email Rotation

Hi

I have added 3 SMTP Servers. For 2 of them, I have set different bounce emails and tracking url. 3rd is outlook.com account and is only allowed to send emails to outlook.com. In Misc -> Cron , I have set server rotation to 1. Also I have created a Test list of 9 email addresses to whom I am sending campaign.

Issue: I am trying to achieve rotation of bounce emails and tracking urls. But It is not working. Everytime, only 1 smtp is selected and all emails are sent using single tracking url and bounce email id.

Solution Required: How to rotate tracking url and bounce emails for any campaign. I want to run 10-15 different tracking urls and 20-30 different bounce email addresses and need rotation for any campaigns sent.

Regards

Hey,

Can you double check that the settings from Backend -> Settings -> Cron and backend -> settings -> customers -> campaigns are the same (for what matters for sending) and attach a screenshot from each area ?

P.S: Please close your support ticket related to this and let's continue the discussion here.
Thanks.

ok .. In the meanwhile can you please tell me how delivery settings work ? For example

Under Settings-> Cron .. I have set delivery settings to 5 campaigns at once subscribers at once 1000, send at once 100 and change server at 100.

Under Settings->Customer->Campaigns tab set subscribers at once 100, send at once 0 and change server at 200.

Then Under Customers->Groups->Campaigns tab set subscribers at once 500, send at once 250 and change server at 100

Now, how will it work. Which settings will it choose while sending a campaing. Customer Group settings or other 2 ????

This is a great question, here is how it works.
Mailwizz will first look and see if the customer is in a group, if it is, thet it will use the settings from the customer group.
It the customer isn't in a group, then mailwizz will try to load the settings from Settings->Customer->Campaigns.
If those settings are not the same as the defaults from Settings -> Cron then it will load those, otherwise it will go to the ones from Settings Cron.

Makes sense?
Basically it's a cascading system that tries to offer a fine control over the campaigns sending process.

Now, a few things you should know.
When you set subscribers at once, it means how many records mailwizz will load from database for each campaign when the cron job runs, each minute. 1000 is a high number if you don't have plenty RAM, think that these records will be kept in memory for a while, especially if you process, say 20-50 campaigns at once.
You should keep Send at once to 0, this is an internal counter that most likely will be removed in future.
Change server at once is in direct connection with subscribers at once. If you have subs at once to 100 and change server at to 200 then it doesn't really make sense since that number, 200, will never be actually reached(yes i know, this is the default, but it's like so for historic reasons), so in order to rotate it, it'll have to be less than the number of subs at once.
How rotation works is pretty complex, mailwizz will try to use next best available server for delivery which isn't the same as the current server used for sending. Next server has to be a server under quota, where the current customer for which the campaign is sending, is allowed to use it.

Hope it sheds some light over the process.
Thanks.

Settings->Customer->Campaigns.
If those settings are not the same as the defaults from Settings -> Cron then it will load those, otherwise it will go to the ones from Settings Cron.

Does that means above two should be same always? Bit confused at this point. If i already have done Settings->Customer->Campaigns. then why would it go to Cron Settings. It should set all the campaigns for customers not part of any group.

Does that means above two should be same always? Bit confused at this point. If i already have done Settings->Customer->Campaigns. then why would it go to Cron Settings. It should set all the campaigns for customers not part of any group.
That's because most part of users don't reach the "Customer" area of the settings, like ever, and we need another way to let these people handle settings.

Back