Too many fields? Am I using the Custom Fields the wrong way?

Britt Malka

I get the white screen of death when I click on subscribers in one of my lists and this error message when I enable debug:

Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16777224 bytes) in /home/malkafox/public_html/voopti.com/apps/common/framework/logging/CLogRoute.php on line 98

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16777224 bytes) in /home/malkafox/public_html/voopti.com/apps/common/framework/logging/CLogRoute.php on line 98

That list contains all subscribers, and I've made it by exporting subscribers from my three main lists and importing it into this one.

When I use the "All subscribers" button from the MW, it shows me the full list without problems.

So I assume it's the custom fields that cause the problem. I have 93 fields for that list.

This is how I use them, and I wonder if there's a better and less memory demanding way to do it:

• When I create a new product, Product A, I create a field "PRODUCTA". When people buy, they get tacked with the value "PRODUCTA".
  • Then I create another product, Product B, create a field called "PRODUCTB", and tag buyers with the value "PRODUCTB" in that field.
That's how I got 93 fields for that list (90 products, email, first, and last name).

I use those fields to create segments so I promote Product A only to those who haven't already bought it.

Should I have done it differently?

@Britt Malka - The above operations says that in order to complete your action, the operating system has to assign more ram to PHP, that is, it needs 16 more mb of ram. Now, by default, php's limit is very small, you can increase the php memory limit to 256MB of ram using your cpanel and see then how that works.

A high number of list fields will indeed eat more memory, it's obvious, but if you give more memory to PHP it should be fine.
Another thing that can impact this, is the number of rows you display on a page. Mailwizz shows 10 by default, but you can set a higher number and this can affect performance in soma cases, so try to stick to 10 records per page.

OOOh, I'd set it to 1,000. Ha, that did the trick. Thank you for that tip.

I had already increased the RAM to 256MB (local value) - master value says 32M though. (hm...)

Back