Test email sent from Mailwizz hosted domain instead of from smtp server

nav

Code:
This message is an automatic response from Port25's authentication verifier service at verifier.port25.com. The service allows email senders to perform a simple check of various sender authentication mechanisms. It is provided free of charge, in the hope that it is useful to the email community. While it is not officially supported, we welcome any feedback you may have at <verifier-feedback@port25.com>. Thank you for using the verifier, The Port25 Solutions, Inc. team ========================================================== Summary of Results ========================================================== SPF check: neutral "iprev" check: pass DKIM check: temperror SpamAssassin check: ham ========================================================== Details: ========================================================== HELO hostname: app.com Source IP: 104.248.XXX.XX mail-from: noreply@web.com

I have sent a test mail of a campaign its weird that the email coming from noreply@web.com which is wher my mailwizz was hosted. My smtp server domain is app.com. I am not sure what happened here. 2 Days back I created another server it was fine from that server. This is new server. Any idea?

Basically emails sending from different domain other than smtp. I kept never force from in server options still same issue.

Last edited:
Solution: I changed the mailer at common settings from swift mailer to php mailer. Then its working. I don't know why this bug came. Any idea how to fix?

The bounce server is enough. The bounce server is the one that sets the return path header in the email. Some smtp servers will treat that as the main sender and overwrite the FROM email with this email address instead.
What type of delivery server are you using ?

Some one please give an update on this. Thanks
This happens, because swiftmailer is trying to make headers as setup, but receiving servers can go by RFC and do not have to use any other info than what they find the be the most authentic sender.

PS: Did not see this when I wrote the above, but agree to it.

The bounce server is enough. The bounce server is the one that sets the return path header in the email. Some smtp servers will treat that as the main sender and overwrite the FROM email with this email address instead.

I
I am using PowerMTA 4.0. It was working fine 3 days back for other domains. Suddenly problem came into picture. Swiftmailer not working etc.

I

I am using PowerMTA 4.0. It was working fine 3 days back for other domains. Suddenly problem came into picture. Swiftmailer not working etc.
Switch to PhpMailer, it is 2.6x faster and is RFC compliant, while SwiftMailer uses old ways to set bounce/replyto which are not enforcable at receiving servers.

Switch to PhpMailer, it is 2.6x faster and is RFC compliant, while SwiftMailer uses old ways to set bounce/replyto which are not enforcable at receiving servers.
Then what about bounce server. After changing it to php mailer the default bounce server was changed automaticallyy. Even I am giving bounce server as noreply@web.com still bounce server in mail-tester.com showing smtp server domain as bounce server.

Then what about bounce server. After changing it to php mailer the default bounce server was changed automaticallyy. Even I am giving bounce server as noreply@web.com still bounce server in mail-tester.com showing smtp server domain as bounce server.
Would have to see the DS and MTA setup to fix. Feel free to send details via PM.

Back