template engine twig not processing

trustamail

For some reason twig is not being processed and just outputed as code in test emails. is this expected?

in backend i enabled the engine. what else do i need to do?
upload_2017-7-27_17-46-44.png

this is my twig code. verifytype is custom field.
upload_2017-7-27_17-47-22.png

Did you send a real campaign or just a test email from within the campaign setup?
test email from within campaign setup. i also did a real campaign test where it was live then added a subscriber. still didnt work. its autoresponder campaigns too if that matters.

i also tried basic twig and still doesnt process it:
{% if FNAME == 'John' %} <p>You are john doe.</p> {% endif %}

Last edited:
test email from within campaign setup. i also did a real campaign test where it was live then added a subscriber. still didnt work. its autoresponder campaigns too if that matters.

i also tried basic twig and still doesnt process it:
{% if FNAME == 'John' %} <p>You are john doe.</p> {% endif %}
Have you put it into the html source? It works for me there ;)

yes i tried there too. didnt change anything
Then it seems something is not being processed correctly. It might be good to check your server and mailwizz install.
Or try again with this code which worked when I tested, of course, at least one subscriber must have FNAME "John":
Code:
<html>
<head>
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>test<br />
twig<br />
{% if FNAME == 'John' %}<br />
You are john doe.<br />
{% endif %}<br />
[UNSUBSCRIBE_URL]<br />
[COMPANY_FULL_ADDRESS]</body>
</html>
;)

I'm having the same problem, template engine enabled, and group enabled. But the content is not being processed, I get the full code. Any suggest ?

in the screenshots you can see the images of my code and the email that I am receiving. Yes, I created the EBOOK tag.

Attachments

• 2018-03-19_12-28-46.png
    2018-03-19_12-28-46.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 2018-03-19_12-29-59.png
    2018-03-19_12-29-59.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 11
I know this is an old thread, but I run into the same issue.

It did work for test email on my old MailWizz 2.0x version. Then I upgraded my MailWizz to version 2.3.7 and now it doesn't work anymore for test emails.

It's a HUGE problem when twig does not work in test emails anymore, because of the testing process for dynamic emails.

If it's true that Twig only works in campaigns, it means that for every test round, you need to create a new subscriber. That is unworkable.

Edit: It also doesn't work in campaigns.

Last edited:
Back