Tags and Twig logic not rending in template test?

Pat Friedl

I'm creating an email with a lot of [RANDOM_CONTENT] and Twig tags, and just sent myself a test. The email delivered fine, but none of the template was processed - the randomized subject and email content wasn't processed at all.

Here's a sample of the twig syntax I'm using - it looks right to me...

I saw on Zillow you've had {% if REVIEWS > 4 %}[REVIEWS] reviews{% endif %} {% if REVIEWS > 4 and SALES > 3 %} and{% endif %} {% if SALES > 3 %}[SALES] recent sales{% endif %}{% if REVIEWS < 4 and SALES < 3 %}some success{% endif %},

Is there a fix for this?

Last edited:
@Pat Friedl - You have to stick to either twig or regular template tags.
So maybe:
Code:
{% if REVIEWS > 4 %} {{REVIEWS}} reviews{% endif %} {% if REVIEWS > 4 and SALES > 3 %} and{% endif %} {% if SALES > 3 %}{{SALES}} recent sales{% endif %}{% if REVIEWS < 4 and SALES < 3 %}some success{% endif %},
I suggest reading the docs for twig: https://twig.symfony.com/doc/1.x/templates.html

Nope, no good [REVIEWS] doesn't work and neither does {{REVIEWS}}. The actual Twig conditional code is rendering like regular text - if statements and all.

It's as if the Twig syntax isn't enabled, and I've verified that it is in the backend. This used to work, so I'm at a loss, and I really need to get these campaigns up and running!

GAH! So {{ random(['apple','orange','peach']) }} worked just fine, but the {{ if CONDITION }}content{{ endif }} doesn't. This is driving me crazy!

Back