Subscribing a user to multiple lists at once?

Pat Friedl

I've got a 7 day responder series for a product, but I've also got a much longer series set up for purely educational purposes.

Is there a way to subscribe a user to both lists at once?

I've got a 7 day responder series for a product, but I've also got a much longer series set up for purely educational purposes.

Is there a way to subscribe a user to both lists at once?
You can make the signup form have a hidden field and sign them up into that list too.
(Set the hidden list without confirmation, as you either have none on the visible list as wel or send them one that could cover both topically.)

I did set up a campaign where when the campaign is sent, it copies the user to another list. However, the user shows up in teh other list as unconfirmed even though that list is setup as a single opt-in.

Any way to fix that?

@Pat Friedl - That is weird, it should stay in the same status as it was in the original list, can you double check this with more emails?
Anyway, the right way to do all this is to do it via the API if possible.

Cool! Can you explain having a hidden field?
When you use a landing page builder or form builder or subscription form tool (anyhow they name it) it will have usually the option to include hidden fields, and then you assign that field to the email field of your second list to which you want them to be subscribed as well.

I did set up a campaign where when the campaign is sent, it copies the user to another list. However, the user shows up in teh other list as unconfirmed even though that list is setup as a single opt-in.
Have not tested that (perhaps a bug @twisted1919 ?) so for the time being, you could confirm them manually (from time to time) by first finding them (toggle filters form) and then setting them confirmed (especially easy if they show with source IP of your server).

Sorry,I still don't understand how you'd assign the email to the other list inside the form.

Might be a bug then. I subscribed via email to one list, and got the confirmation email, confirmed and then got the welcome email. After checking both lists, I'm subscribed, but still unconfirmed in the other list.

Looks like I'll have to do this with the API for now.

the form code
# your form builder has its own code
# your mwz forms have the URLs to the fields
# those above you need to match up
This is a bit of a custom job, so you might want to hire a developer for the first time, or fiddle a bit til you find your solution, but it is not extremely hard ;)

Ok, I understand dropping the MW opt-in form into a form builder/opt-in plugin, but maybe I'm not being clear in my request.

I'd like the user to fill out one form and submit it, and be able to add that user to two separate lists.

So Iv'e got lists that have these forms:

<form action="https://*****/lists/xm708qxrs4cf3/subscribe">....</form>
<form action="https://*****/lists/dl330n4e8xe50/subscribe">....</form>

So you're saying to dump two forms into a form builder? I doubt it'd work that way. Is there a working example out there?

Back