Stats Problem

Osjtya

MailWizz 2.0 Tester
@twisted1919, Just found a problem with Open Rate & Click Rate Stats. What exactly happens is that, for example:
  • I sent 68,239 Emails
  • Out of 68,239 Emails only 68,228 Emails processed because of 11 Deliver Errors
  • On 68,228 Emails we received 27,418 Emails Bounced Back
  • So the total emails actually processed are 40,810 Emails
  • But the 40,810 Emails figure is missing from Stats Page and the main issue is Open Rate & Click Rate Stats calculates percentage on the overall number which is 68,239 Emails
Let me know if there is anything I can answer. For reference the screenshot is attached ;)

Thanks

Attachments

• Voila_Capture 2016-03-30_04-37-30_AM.png
    Voila_Capture 2016-03-30_04-37-30_AM.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 16
  • On 68,228 Emails we received 27,418 Emails Bounced Back
  • So the total emails actually processed are 40,810 Emails
No, the total emails processed are 68,228 because mailwizz processed all of these, not just 40,810. Also the delivery is 68,228 because 68,228 were actually sent, not just 40,810.

No, the total emails processed are 68,228 because mailwizz processed all of these, not just 40,810. Also the delivery is 68,228 because 68,228 were actually sent, not just 40,810.
@twisted1919, So you mean to say the total emails was processed 95,646 (68,228 + 27,418), and that's why it's showing 68,228 Emails after removing bouncing and all?

Nope, i mean 68,228.
27,418 is part of those 68,228. Basically you have sent 68k out of which 27k bounced.

@twisted1919, Right so here is my point stands. Why Click Rate & Open Rate calculates percentage including the Bounced Emails & Delivery Errors Emails?

You do have a point.
I guess there was a reason for why it works like this, can't remember it though.
But what you say does make sense, so i'll do proper adjustments to this :)

@frm.mwz, You've given a correct reference! :)

"The email open rate is a measure primarily used by marketers as an indication of how many people "view" or "open" the commercial electronic mail they send out. It is most commonly expressed as a percentage and calculated by dividing the number of email messages opened by the total number of email messages sent (excluding those that bounced.)" - Source Wikipedia | For @twisted1919

Last edited:
@frm.mwz / @AC AFD - I agree, nothing to say about this ;) It's just i can't remember why it works how it does now 9i'm getting old i guess :p )
Anyway, now the math formula has been adjusted as specified above so we don't take bounces into consideration anymore, nor emails that didn't properly got sent from mailwizz (error emails), so we should have nicer stats from now on.

@frm.mwz / @AC AFD - I agree, nothing to say about this ;) It's just i can't remember why it works how it does now 9i'm getting old i guess :p )
Anyway, now the math formula has been adjusted as specified above so we don't take bounces into consideration anymore, nor emails that didn't properly got sent from mailwizz (error emails), so we should have nicer stats from now on.

@twisted1919, Dude you're a great developer! Thanks for all your support ;)

Where do you live? I would be glad to have a cup of tea with you and discuss some important new ventures we can work on... :)

@AC AFD - i actually can. unzip and put attached file in apps/customer/components/bevahiors folder to override existing file with same name. That should do it.

Attachments

• CampaignStatsProcessorBehavior.php.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 6
@twisted1919, It's giving an error as following:
Error 500!
CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'delivery_confirmed' in 'where clause'​

Back