Statistics Difference Between MailWizz & ESPs Dashboard

Osjtya

Hello All,

Hope all fine! From the last few weeks I observed an error/bug in MailWizz, where there is a difference (sometimes huge) between statistics (Opens, Clicks, etc.) of MailWizz & ESPs (Email Service Providers) dashboard while using SMTP connection. What do you guys think, why there could be any difference? Any valid reason?

For some reason, can't use API in this case. So have to find solutions in SMTP protocol to transmit emails to ESPs.

Hope we all together can find some valid reasons here ;)

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
From the last few weeks I observed an error/bug in MailWizz,
MailWizz tracks all actions, and it does so correctly.
If you get smaller number in MailWizz than at the ESP level, then you should think that your server couldn't handle all the clicks and opens that happened after your newsletter was sent, thus it missed some of the opens/clicks while your ESP didn't, because they're better equipped to handle these situations. That's just an idea.

Osjtya

@twisted1919 I don't think it's related to the server where MailWizz is hosted. Because this particular MailWizz instance is only sending few thousand emails from a server that is equipped with following hardware 32GB+ RAM, Multi CPU, 500+ GB SSD, 100% optimised to send over million emails per hour and only hosting MailWizz not even MTA is on that server.

So something else in the tracking system of MailWizz which is not matching with ESP's technology. Can it happen because of some proxy?

This is sort of confusing me :eek:

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
It's very simple to test this. You send a campaign to yourself, and open it several times and click the links several times.
Do you get each action tracked?

Osjtya

@twisted1919 if in case we decide to use SendGrid API rather than SMTP connection, then still MailWizz uses own tracking data or it gets fetched from SendGrid?

Also see the screenshots for what I'm talking about, it's huge difference in tracking technologies.

Attachments

• 2020-11-11_05-20-55.png
    2020-11-11_05-20-55.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 2020-11-11_05-27-10.png
    2020-11-11_05-27-10.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
then still MailWizz uses own tracking
We always use our tracking data, since as i said, it is very accurate.

The fact you enable tracking from inside sendgrid might actually be an issue, if they somehow rewrite our tracking pixel, then that would be a problem, so i'd say you should try to disable the tracking from sg and see if that makes any difference in mailwizz.

Osjtya

@twisted1919 thanks for the suggestion. So if I've understood correctly, it doesn't matter if I use SMTP Connection or API Connection with SendGrid, MailWizz will use it's own tracking system to collect open, clicks, etc.