Split Testing Plugin?

avidns

As I continue to transition from my current ESP to my own setup+MW I find myself in need of the ability to do split testing, at least how my existing ESP does it. An example...

1. Input multiple subjects.
  2. Select the deciding factor to determine the "winning" subject (most opens, most clicks, or open-to-click rate, etc..)
  3. Select and send to % of list (in my case it's usually 25%)
  4. Select time-to-wait (I usually do 2 hours) before sending the "winning" subject to the remaining 75% of my list.

Does this exist? If not, could anyone make it? And if that's the case, quote me some prices.

As I continue to transition from my current ESP to my own setup+MW I find myself in need of the ability to do split testing, at least how my existing ESP does it. An example...

1. Input multiple subjects.
  2. Select the deciding factor to determine the "winning" subject (most opens, most clicks, or open-to-click rate, etc..)
  3. Select and send to % of list (in my case it's usually 25%)
  4. Select time-to-wait (I usually do 2 hours) before sending the "winning" subject to the remaining 75% of my list.

Does this exist? If not, could anyone make it? And if that's the case, quote me some prices.
No developers? Name a price. $500?

Appeared on ToDo Lists for developer.
Been said to be in the making since years, but obviously not a top priority.
But the competition has it, so perhaps at some point...it may happen :cool:

No developers? Name a price. $500?

We have our own A/B testing which is quite advanced with multiple variants and "negative tests" too (selecting another winner even if one or several winning condition(s) is/are true, but there is another condition with higher prio that we don't want to be fulfilled) but this is only available as part of our SaaS platform together with all our other plugins, themes etc, and it cost a LOT more than 500 USD to develop. However, unlike most people here, you seem to understand that software costs money to develop, which is a good start. The usual dream at this place is that ppl will get a plugin for 16 USD up to maaaaybe 50 USD which would be totally out of the question even *IF* we sold our software.

So let's say that you would gather 9 more ppl to form a joint-venture (JV) to have it developed, then you would probably be on the safe side with a total of 5000 USD to get a developer to do it for you, assuming that you could get a developer at a good price. You could split up the work between those involved in the JV in specifying it, structuring it together with the dude who would develop it, having it developed, test it, acceptance test it and then go.

There is absolute nothing that prevents people from having their own plugins developed instead of just waiting for things to happen. We do that for our own use.

You are indeed posting this in the right section. Maybe someone else is also interested in being part of such a JV.

Last edited:
Appeared on ToDo Lists for developer.
Been said to be in the making since years, but obviously not a top priority.
But the competition has it, so perhaps at some point...it may happen :cool:

The only competitor I've found with it is Interspire but it's garbage. I want to use Mailwizz but I SERIOUSLY need the feature.

We have our own A/B testing which is quite advanced with multiple variants and "negative tests" too (selecting another winner even if one or several winning condition(s) is/are true, but there is another condition with higher prio that we don't want to be fulfilled) but this is only available as part of our SaaS platform together with all our other plugins, themes etc, and it cost a LOT more than 500 USD to develop. However, unlike most people here, you seem to understand that software costs money to develop, which is a good start. The usual dream at this place is that ppl will get a plugin for 16 USD up to maaaaybe 50 USD which would be totally out of the question even *IF* we sold our software.

So let's say that you would gather 9 more ppl to form a joint-venture (JV) to have it developed, then you would probably be on the safe side with a total of 5000 USD to get a developer to do it for you, assuming that you could get a developer at a good price. You could split up the work between those involved in the JV in specifying it, structuring it together with the dude who would develop it, having it developed, test it, acceptance test it and then go.

There is absolute nothing that prevents people from having their own plugins developed instead of just waiting for things to happen. We do that for our own use.

You are indeed posting this in the right section. Maybe someone else is also interested in being part of such a JV.

Yeah that was just a jumping off point but I totally get it. I'd go more but I won't say how much more. And if it's serious money then I'd be interested in getting it developed, for real, and selling it as a plugin.

I'm no stranger to HTML/CSS/PHP/MYSQL and some others but what's needed to make this happen is well beyond my skill level.

To add, this would be for personal use unless dev costs were insane...

The only competitor I've found with it is Interspire but it's garbage. I want to use Mailwizz but I SERIOUSLY need the feature.

Yeah that was just a jumping off point but I totally get it. I'd go more but I won't say how much more. And if it's serious money then I'd be interested in getting it developed, for real, and selling it as a plugin.

I'm no stranger to HTML/CSS/PHP/MYSQL and some others but what's needed to make this happen is well beyond my skill level.

To add, this would be for personal use unless dev costs were insane...

Just the specifications alone needs a lot of time of thinking of what features you want. Everything takes time, which of course can never be motivated by a 16-50 USD price for such a plugin to a VERY limited market (the max theoretical market is the number of licenses that Twisted has sold of MW (uptil today 8626 licenses), most ppl aren't interested anyway. IF you would manage to find 10% who have active licenses and you might find an interest in 5-10% of those. Most of them will bail out anyway so if you manage to sell it to 50 ppl, then I think you should be happy with that. Best case 50 ppl * 50 USD/sales = 2500 USD. Most ppl will whine about the price and expect it to cost 16 USD, so 50 ppl * 16 = 800 USD. Then ppl expect to get life time updates and free support of your plugin. Good luck with that business, but if you are a JV, it might be profitable since you can offer your services to your customers at a higher price.
(Just also make sure that you pay the proper license fee to Twisted (an Extended license if you charge customers for the use of MW) ).

The good thing with you is that you are aware of that it takes time AND you know some of the needed technologies to have it developed, so you can determine whether the time estimations that you will get from a developer are reasonable or not.

I think there is much interest in an option to have good A/B testing. Such plugin or feature should be default in the software I think, but when to pay extra, 100 euro would not be a problem. The more popular MailWizz become, the more people will pay such extras. There should be only one developer who is able to make such plugin and like to think as an entrepeneur

Having A/B testing as part of the platform is, in my opinion, the "safest" way to fragment the platform. Other ppl have wanted marketing automation to be part of the platform. What's next? Sales funnels? This platform can easily get out of hand if too many features are developed.

Let them focus on a core platform instead, and add your own plugins to make it more custom.

Having A/B testing as part of the platform is, in my opinion, the "safest" way to fragment the platform. Other ppl have wanted marketing automation to be part of the platform. What's next? Sales funnels? This platform can easily get out of hand if too many features are developed.

Let them focus on a core platform instead, and add your own plugins to make it more custom.
That's true.

Having A/B testing as part of the platform is, in my opinion, the "safest" way to fragment the platform. Other ppl have wanted marketing automation to be part of the platform.
I completely disagree.
A/B testing and basic automation are core elements of good email Marketing. It's what all of my MailWizz clients ask for and what's currently stopping a sizable chunk of them to sign up with the platform. It's an essential component of what makes email powerful, not a nice-to-have. I don't mind if it's being sold as an add-on or an activate/disable option, but as eCRM moves on and customer expectations rise, ignoring A/B testing and the value of some elementary journey automation within the email channel as some sort of fancy-schmanzy functionality that is just bloating the system, is fundamentally misunderstanding what email Marketing is all about.

Back