Speeding up processing of emails

Lakjin

I have a some what unique issue that I'm hoping to solve.

I have MailWizz setup with parallel sending and redis queue. This is a very fast setup, usually. It allows me to processing multiple campaigns simultaneously and redis then sends the emails quickly. However, I have an issue.

I've made modifications to one campaign with some custom markup that is significantly increasing the time it takes to process emails -- 4-5x longer. As such, I want to know if it is possible to speed up processing of emails.

I believe the issue / solution lies in the "send-campaigns" daemon discussed at http://www.mailwizz.com/article/increase-delivery-speed-recursive-or-parallel-processing. I have it setup to use the parallel processing daemon but that daemon only parallel processes DIFFERENT campaigns -- it does not parallel process the same campaign. Is it possible to get the daemon to parallel process the same campaign? I believe the previously suggested recursive sending ran multiple daemons for the same campaign, but the parallel processing daemon does not.

Thanks!

Is it possible to get the daemon to parallel process the same campaign?
No, this has been removed a while ago because there was no reliable way to figure out when to mark a campaign as done processing because you don't know when those parallel processes are done and most importantly you don't know the order when they are done.
however, things have changed from that point and this might get revised at some point.

I believe the previously suggested recursive sending ran multiple daemons for the same campaign, but the parallel processing daemon does not.
It didn't either :)

No, this has been removed a while ago because there was no reliable way to figure out when to mark a campaign as done processing because you don't know when those parallel processes are done and most importantly you don't know the order when they are done.
however, things have changed from that point and this might get revised at some point.

It didn't either :)

Okay, is there any way for me to parallel process the same campaign? I need my newsletter delivered within a few hours but it is taking almost a day right now.

For example, can I add code somewhere that tells MailWizz to split up the campaign recipients into buckets of, for example, 50k and process each bucket as a separate campaign?

Yes you can, in apps/console/commands/SendCampaignsCommand.php file but you're pretty much on your own with those changes.

You know I have wasted at least 8-12 hours on this and had NO idea that parallel sending wouldn't work on a single campaign.

And in the article on parallel processing, it says this:

If you need to increase the number of parallel processes for each campaign, you can do it from Backend -> Settings -> Cron.
By default it will create 3 parallel processes for each campaign and this should be enough for most of the use cases.​

So what's the deal?

You know I have wasted at least 8-12 hours on this and had NO idea that parallel sending wouldn't work on a single campaign.

And in the article on parallel processing, it says this:

If you need to increase the number of parallel processes for each campaign, you can do it from Backend -> Settings -> Cron.
By default it will create 3 parallel processes for each campaign and this should be enough for most of the use cases.​

So what's the deal?
I thought the same but I think that feature used to be there but was removed because of issues it was causing.

@frm.mwz thanks for sharing this url and templates, but actually i need this url to be fixed because it also explain how we can kill the parallel processing command, because it is already running on my server and i dont need it at the moment.

@frm.mwz thanks for sharing this url and templates, but actually i need this url to be fixed because it also explain how we can kill the parallel processing command, because it is already running on my server and i dont need it at the moment.

try this:
do not start new campaigns
wait until all running campaigns are finished (or pause all running campaigns)
find "pcntl" in the running processes and kill it on cli/cpanel
if then nothing is running/sending, you can take the app offline, and restart the server (to make sure no pid/pcntl was missed)
(a good opportunity to make sure you are on v1.3.6.2 with the latest patches, as pcntl works properly from that version onward)

;)

its working thanks, one quick question, as you are taking down this page, how new mailwizz users will be able to find this method to increase the speed of sending?

Back