Specify Delivery Server Per List

Scott

Hi,

Is it possible to specify a certain delivery server for a specific list, within the same customer profile.

So for example 3 separate lists within 1 customer profile. Each list uses a specific delivery server.

Thanks,
Scott

Hey Scott,

As of now it is not possible to assign separate server for each list.

What you can do is : assign one server and run that campaign. Then for another list you can again change server. Its a little tedious job.

A little sidestep may help...you could give the customer three different logins,
hence have three profiles, and each their own delivery server(s).
The benefit to them would be that they could assign different staff to do the mailings ;)

Last edited:
As per your example, you should have 3 delivery servers assigned to that customer. So, whenever he does mailing on a particular list, he can just tick/select the desired delivery server while creating the campaign. For ease of understanding, you can use the list name as the delivery server name. This is pretty straight forward. Otherwise you will have to do this at MTA level by filtering the email headers, that's a complicated job and needs better understanding of your mailing platform.

As per your example, you should have 3 delivery servers assigned to that customer. So, whenever he does mailing on a particular list, he can just tick/select the desired delivery server while creating the campaign. For ease of understanding, you can use the list name as the delivery server name. This is pretty straight forward. Otherwise you will have to do this at MTA level by filtering the email headers, that's a complicated job and needs better understanding of your mailing platform.

I never saw that option until now. Good stuff.

As per your example, you should have 3 delivery servers assigned to that customer. QUOTE]
Sorry for the necro. I came here to find a solution to my problem.
When you are saying that you are assigning to that customer 3 delivery servers, you mean assigning to that groups customer? Can you assign for an individual customer a delivery server? Because when going to Settings -> Customers I can only navigate to the common section, not an individual customer.

Sorry for the necro. I came here to find a solution to my problem.
When you are saying that you are assigning to that customer 3 delivery servers, you mean assigning to that groups customer? Can you assign for an individual customer a delivery server? Because when going to Settings -> Customers I can only navigate to the common section, not an individual customer.
You can go to the delivery server settings and there you can assign and lock that delivery server to a customer. You can do this for any delivery server and customer.

You can go to the delivery server settings and there you can assign and lock that delivery server to a customer. You can do this for any delivery server and customer.
Thanks for replying.
That means that for every customer I have to make a delivery server. Despite having only 3 delivery servers, everyone has to have their own because there is only 1 field to apply a customer.

Thanks for replying.
That means that for every customer I have to make a delivery server. Despite having only 3 delivery servers, everyone has to have their own because there is only 1 field to apply a customer.
You don't have to. If you want to share a delivery server with a group of customers, you can put them in a customer group and assign the server to that group. You need to assign a server to a customer only if you want to dedicate that server solely for that customer.

You don't have to. If you want to share a delivery server with a group of customers, you can put them in a customer group and assign the server to that group. You need to assign a server to a customer only if you want to dedicate that server solely for that customer.
And if I want a delivery server to be assigned to half of the customer group?

Hmm... don't think something like that is possible. If u assign a server to a group, every customer on it will be able to send through the assigned server. Or you might need to create a separate group for every 5 customers.

what I try to achieve is whenever I have a new customer that wants one of our packs, I need to assign him to that pack but since he is new, I Ned first to test the client through a public mail server and if they are valid then move them to the static one.
so you are saying that I need twice the amount of groups i need in order to assign different delivery server to each one. While doing that I have no problem, but they are visible on the price lists, making it hard for customers to purchase a bundle.

what I try to achieve is whenever I have a new customer that wants one of our packs, I need to assign him to that pack but since he is new, I Ned first to test the client through a public mail server and if they are valid then move them to the static one.
so you are saying that I need twice the amount of groups i need in order to assign different delivery server to each one. While doing that I have no problem, but they are visible on the price lists, making it hard for customers to purchase a bundle.

Not sure if this will solve the problem you mentioned, but maybe it helps.

By putting different availability weights (probabilities) for each DS, you might come closer to what you want to achieve.
This way the public servers can have higher availability than the ones you want them to use later.

Also, in the sending settings, you can move the customer to another group when sending quota is reached. So for customers with high bounce rate, they will not be able to reach that move.

And after the above automation, you could review the accounts of (new) customers ea d/w/m and regroup them if need be manually.

Back