SparkPost sending domains vs MaillWizz Delivery Servers

Erollflint

Due the Mandrill next month change, i'm actually testing SparkPost services.

I have for some customers several Sending Domains.
Once those Sending domains are set and verify under the SparkPost Control panel, do i have to create one entry by sending domain into MaillWizz delivery servers and allow customer to choose the sending domain when creating a campaign ?

Is this the way it works with SparkPost ?

Thank you.

Nope, you don't have to create that in mailwizz, as long as they are in sparkpost, it's all good.

Thanks, but i'm in trouble then.
If i set only one delivery server in Maillwizz ( using the SparkPost Api ) the from adress at delivery is always the from adress defined into delivery server and not the from adress defined into the campaign.

Im still using Mailwizz 1.3.5.8

Last edited:
That's about right, many email providers simply don't allow 'from' email spoofing anymore, mandrill would have done the same.

What do you suggest as far as the from email spoofing issue? All of our clients have to have their on Sparkpost account? Can't they use the system's delvery server?

@Zoltan - If none of the big ESP's allow FROM spoofing anymore, then you'll have to simply either have a delivery server for each client, or use your own delivery servers.

@Zoltan - If none of the big ESP's allow FROM spoofing anymore, then you'll have to simply either have a delivery server for each client, or use your own delivery servers.

This is an interesting statement. SIMPLY adding sending accounts per customer isn't that simple if someone has 1000 customers + e.g. Sendgrid only allows one account per domain...

That means that if my customer would create a sendgrid account and i'd add it, they would block mine or his or other customer's accounts.

Thoughts?
Cheers,
Aron

Or our own delivery servers.. This means we'd have to warm up the IP's and do all the work we normally go to ESP's for?

Cheers,
Aron

@Aron Prins - That's beyond us, it's not a mailwizz related thing, if ESP's don't allow FROM spoofing anymore there's nothing we can do but using other services including own smtp server if it's needed.

Back