Spamhaus - I HATE YOU!

sendmedialtd

Hey,

So I've setup a load of new delivery servers, i have everything setup correctly (or so I'm pretty sure), sent test emails from every delivery server to an email testing tool which checks everything such as the DNS, rDNS, DKIM, SPF, DMARC, SSL, IMAP, POP, everything you name it it does. Everything comes back with a Pass for every delivery server. Each one sends emails out using its own dedicated IP. How ever I'm having a complete nightmare with spamhaus. It seems every time i send emails out my IPs instantly get on the blacklist, I've had to manually de-list each IP and then the next day when the emails start sending I'm right back on there, it seems that as soon as i start sending the emails me IPs go straight back onto their blacklist. Its causing a big issue as as you know Hotmail.com uses them and it means i cant send any emails to Hotmail/Outlook addresses.

I wouldnt mind but im not even sending that many emails, as im warming the IPs up since they are new and have not been used in over 4 years im only sending 44 emails an hour (1,000 emails a day) per IP. Just incase you think I've gone straight in at 1,000 emails a day per IP for the past few days ive been sending at lower volumes. I'm currently on Day 4 of my IP Warmup Schedule:

Day 1 50/per IP
Day 2 100/per IP
Day 3 500/per IP
Day 4 1000/per IP

So its not like im sending huge amounts of email yet im constantly being blacklisted throughout the day. Anyone else had this issue with spamhaus and got any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mike

Hey,

So I've setup a load of new delivery servers, i have everything setup correctly (or so I'm pretty sure), sent test emails from every delivery server to an email testing tool which checks everything such as the DNS, rDNS, DKIM, SPF, DMARC, SSL, IMAP, POP, everything you name it it does. Everything comes back with a Pass for every delivery server. Each one sends emails out using its own dedicated IP. How ever I'm having a complete nightmare with spamhaus. It seems every time i send emails out my IPs instantly get on the blacklist, I've had to manually de-list each IP and then the next day when the emails start sending I'm right back on there, it seems that as soon as i start sending the emails me IPs go straight back onto their blacklist. Its causing a big issue as as you know Hotmail.com uses them and it means i cant send any emails to Hotmail/Outlook addresses.

I wouldnt mind but im not even sending that many emails, as im warming the IPs up since they are new and have not been used in over 4 years im only sending 44 emails an hour (1,000 emails a day) per IP. Just incase you think I've gone straight in at 1,000 emails a day per IP for the past few days ive been sending at lower volumes. I'm currently on Day 4 of my IP Warmup Schedule:

Day 1 50/per IP
Day 2 100/per IP
Day 3 500/per IP
Day 4 1000/per IP

So its not like im sending huge amounts of email yet im constantly being blacklisted throughout the day. Anyone else had this issue with spamhaus and got any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mike
Are those double opt-in lists you are using?

No they are single opt-in but I'm mailing to those that have opened my previous emails so there's a low bounce rate and a high open and click rate.

I'd understand if it was fresh data with a high bounce rate etc... but it's not :(

they are single opt-in but I'm mailing to those that have opened my previous emails
They could (and probly do) contain traps, and openers are certainly nice for stats, but no warranty for compliance. There is always some risk if it is not expected/wanted/requested that you get in/valid complaints, against which defense is harder if the confirmation (the double opt-in second part) is not on file. But if single opt-in are paying customers, then such payment can be taken as confirmation. It is not easy to get all who subscribe to confirm :rolleyes:

I know but its really weird though as for example, we will de-list all the IPs, then we will start sending emails, even if we are only sending 40 emails out the IP will get listed again. This happens all the time as theres no way theres a spam trap email in every 40 emails we send out. I've been in contact with Spamhaus directly now and one of the guys at the Geneva office who has provided me with an email address for someone on the CSS team who will sort/look into this for me. I'll await the reply and let you know the outcome.

Its just really weird how the IPs are being blacklisted after just 40 emails on each IP.

@sendmedialtd

we are also facing similar issues and i believe spamhaus is somewhere interceptign my traffic and listing based on their gut feelings.
here is my test.

1. I had a old domain, i bought a VPS for testing SPAMhause issue. I setup every thing and started sending on my own seed list of google apps email id owned by me. i have a domain which has 500 User free google apps account and test gmail on this.
so technically i m sending to gmail and Ids are my own seed list.
2. after few hours my IP is listed in SPAMHAUS CSS & domain is listed in DBL .
3. i have tested this in 2-4 times. now i dont have clue how come spamhause is intercepting my traffic.

I request all other member to please give some inputs and clue to resolve this.

Back