Spam complaints and IP blacklists

Napoolion

Hi,

I found a great web host whose servers I like and who is quite cheap compared to competition. However in terms and conditions I found some really serious fees.

SPAM COMPLAINT FEES
A service fee of $50/complaint will be applied to any customer with more than 5 (five) verified abuse complaints in a given month.
A service fee of $125/hour will apply for investigation and corrective work

IP BLACKLIST FEES
If mail servers or IP address ranges are placed on email black hole lists or other mail filtering software system list, we shall charge the Customer $250 upfront and $125/hour thereafter for any necessary investigation and corrective work.

These are some crazy fees.
Now question is: If I totally block servers smtp and attach 3RD PARTY Services, is it still possible to get these IP Address ranges banned?

Any insight would be great!

If I totally block servers smtp and attach 3RD PARTY Services, is it still possible to get these IP Address ranges banned?
Nope, if using 3rd party services only, and you send via WEB API's, i don't see how you could have issues with your hosting.

P.S: Those are indeed some crazy fees.

Haha, yes. But it all depends on which side of the table you sit on. I asked the same question from web hosting forum and they saw it as a "protective measure".
Deterrence is oft the only way, but some folks pay only monthly, so they are gone re payment, but then their whole op can be blacklisted...ouch!

Back