[SOLVED] Update Mailwizz and now Bounces and Complaints are not recording!

cottercat

@twisted1919 , I have a BIG problem...

I'm using Amazon SES Api.

I updated mailwizz yesterday and - although my system was recording bounces/complaints before the update - it's not recording them anymore (I tested with fake email addresses this morning and MailWizz is not recording the bounces nor is it blacklisting the bad addresses).

I've logged into my Amazon account, and everything is still set up properly... the bounces/complaints are still pointing to the Handler1 with headers included.

I do a lot of emailing, and I don't want to end up blacklisted.

HELP!!!

Are you using the backup manager by any chance? if you do, we just released an update for that, so please update it, that will fix your issue.
There's a library in the backup manager extension that does not play well with the application itself, and that update fixes the issue.

@twisted1919 no I did not use the backup manager.

Based on your previous advice when I was having difficulty setting up bounces and complaints with Amazon, I deleted the IAM user, the topic and subscription and recreated them.

BUT... this time, it is NOT automatically creating the SNS topic/subscription when I create the IAM user.

What is broken and how do I fix it?

Are you using the backup manager by any chance? if you do, we just released an update for that, so please update it, that will fix your issue.
There's a library in the backup manager extension that does not play well with the application itself, and that update fixes the issue.
Could that be the reason for my campaigns not showing any opens (or rather opens = bounces) since the latest MW update?
And what's the backup manager update process, please? Tried through the web interface, but it still only says version 1.0. Do I need to delete the old version? And will that retain my settings?

Last edited:
Could that be the reason for my campaigns not showing any opens (or rather opens = bounces) since the latest MW update?
Nope, I don't think so.
any opens (or rather opens = bounces)
I don't know what you mean here.
nd what's the backup manager update process, please?
Safest way, unzip and upload the backup-manager folder in apps/extensions/ folder to overwrite the existing folder with same name.
Version will still be 1.0, disregard that.

Nope, I don't think so.

I don't know what you mean here.

Safest way, unzip and upload the backup-manager folder in apps/extensions/ folder to overwrite the existing folder with same name.
Version will still be 1.0, disregard that.
Ha, that was interesting: I had 4 opens and 4 bounces of a campaign that usually has hundreds of opens at that point.
I deleted the backup manager and installed the latest version. And opens immediately started picking up. So it seems there was definitely a correlation.

Hi.

Ive got a strange question i think.

When the system gets a bounce email. And you add that bounce email to another list. Will it send to that email again?

If not. Is there a way to "purge" mails that bounce?

Back