SOLVED: Issues updating from v1.3.4.9 to v1.3.5.7

mrreference

I'm not a regular user of mailwizz, so the frequency I get to notice an update is minimal, hence the reason why such a big jump in version updates.

Anyhow, following the update instructions, opening WinSCP, I navigate to my /var/www/html/ folder, there are no files there to override, is this normal?

(image attached)

My online application works fine and I can see all my subscribers and old newsletters etc.

I'm stuck now as I don't know if the files are located somewhere else (which I have done a search, but nothing appears in any results of the files I am trying to overwrite).

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• mailwizz.jpg
    mailwizz.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 8
If you are using apache check the default conf file to see where it points to for the web root.

OK no worries.
In that case from the command line on your linode VPS run this command:

locate SettingsController.php

That file is part of MW so it should find it and tell you where it is on your system which in turn will show you where the MW files are.

You need to the command line. In WinSCP there is a small black icon on the bar click that and it will launch a new window with a black background, that's where you need to type in the locate command.

Thanks again for your help, I get Error, when clicking that button: "File'C:\Program Files (x86)\PuTTY\putty.exe' not found
I have searched my pc and locate this file anywhere.

@mrreference - The simplest way to find your files location on the server is to simply look in backend -> misc -> application log. If you're lucky you'll see some errors there such as:
Code:
2015/07/22 08:37:50 [error] [exception.CHttpException.404] exception 'CHttpException' with message 'The system is unable to find the requested action "application-logx".' in /home/work/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/CController.php:483
Stack trace:
#0 /home/work/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/CController.php(270): CController->missingAction('application-log...')
#1 /home/work/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(282): CController->run('application-log...')
#2 /home/work/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(141): CWebApplication->runController('misc/applicatio...')
#3 /home/work/public_html/apps/common/framework/base/CApplication.php(184): CWebApplication->processRequest()
#4 /home/work/public_html/apps/init.php(217): CApplication->run()
#5 /home/work/public_html/backend/index.php(18): require_once('/home/work/publ...')
#6 {main}
REQUEST_URI=/backend/index.php/misc/application-logx
---
In the above case, you see that the application is installed at /home/work/public_html/
In your case it can be other path, such as /usr/share/nginx/html for example.

Give it a try and see what you get.
P.S: If you are doing an update, please, backup your data.

Back