SMTP Server Validation Error

Shabu Anower

Hello,
I'm having 2 problems:
Could not validate SMTP server
Could not add bounce server on customer end

When I try to validate SMTP server, I get following error:
  • Cannot send the confirmation email using the data you provided.
  • Here is a transcript of the error message:
  • Connection could not be established with host mail.mydomain.com [Connection timed out #110]
    Log data:
    ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport
    !! Connection could not be established with host mail.mydomain.com [Connection timed out #110]
And when I try to add a bounce server, I get following error:
Unable to resolve the request "customer/bounce-servers/create".

Please help me out...

Thanks, SA

Hey,

!! Connection could not be established with host mail.mydomain.com [Connection timed out #110]
This simply means your hosting is blocking the outgoing port and mailwizz cannot use it to connect to the remote server.
Have your host look into the issue, they're the only ones that can help.

And when I try to add a bounce server, I get following error:
Unable to resolve the request "customer/bounce-servers/create".
There's no reason to get this unless again, your hosting does some tricky stuff on your account.
All the other pages work ?

Thanks.

If outgoing port is blocked, then how can I send email through email client with same details?
Yes, other pages are okay. It's a VPS, usual limitations are not applied I guess.

Thanks for your quick reply...

If outgoing port is blocked, then how can I send email through email client with same details?
You connect with your email client from your own PC, you have no limitation.
But with mailwizz you connect from a server and if that server does not allow outgoing connections, that's the result. usually this happens if for example you have cpanel installed or if you have a firewall in place on your server.
I don't know the exact reason in your case, i simply translated the error message you got ;)

Thank you, will contact the hosting company.
BTW, It's a wonderful application, worth every penny :)

Thanks, Shabu

Back