SMTP errors

Seymour Taylor

Hi there

I keep getting this error with Mailwizz when trying to send myself a test email to 'validate' a delivery server:

SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
Connection: opening to ssl://***registered-ip***:465, timeout=30, options=array ( 'ssl' => array ( 'verify_peer' => false, 'verify_peer_name' => false, 'allow_self_signed' => true, ),)
Connection failed. Error #2: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://***registered-ip***:465 (Connection refused) [/server-install-path/newsletter/apps/common/vendors/Composer/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/src/SMTP.php line 349]
SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection refused (111)

I've raised a support ticket on this but not much response yet. I assume support is busy.

I've just moved to another VPS, so the domain DNS settings have been changed accordingly to point to the new VPS. However, I've had it confirmed that port 465 is open. So I'm not sure what the problem is?

I need to get some emails sent out asap, so any help with this would be great. Thankyou.

Connection refused
This means that connections cannot be made on that port, and usually it is because the server running at that port is too busy handling other requests and it simply rejects and new connections.
You should check the server settings and make sure it can handle all the connections coming from mailwizz.

Ok, thankyou for the response. I've cross checked with the server and that port is actually open.

What connections are required by Mailwizz so I can inform the server of that?

Also, when I try to navigate to the mailwizz login screen, it always tried to download a php file rather than read?

I've cross checked with the server and that port is actually open.
Of course it is. But when under high load, it isn;t anymore. That's your problem ;)

it always tried to download a php file rather than read?
This looks like a really bad server setup where your server has no idea what to do with the php files and instead to pass them further to a processor like php fpm, it simply sends them to download. You need to fix the server, this is not related to mailwizz.

Back