Smtp bounce server invalidates customer dmarc and removes sender from email id

NLG

Hi so I've encountered an issue

My setup
System runs on https://app.domain.com
4 X smtp (postfix relay) as Mta1.domain.com etc
Dkim and spf 100% on all relays each mta smtp sever has own ip address and mailwizz rotates them under settings/cron choice.
Hello@domain.com for all systems emails like orders and sign up emails etc

Customer:
Register on system. Welcome emails just fine. Login and add domain example.. Company.net

Customer add spf and dkim verify just fine. Customers creates campaign and sends test email and system sends email and headers are 100%

Replyto :mail@company.net

Dmarc ok
Spf ok
Dkim ok

Now u will notice I haven't mentioned bounce server. So. I add a imap bounce server for system domain - bounces@domain.com and it works.

Now customer go do another test and now headers not using customer domain anymore.

Now mail-tester.com headers report that dns is checking against domain of bounces@domain.com and the I get dmarc not aligned issue.

So problem is when ever I add a bounce server the whitelabel aspect disappears

If I remove the bounce sever and the delivery servers have no bounce server then everything works as required...

But for a production environment I need bounce servers as I am developing this system so that I am my own ESP where customer can register, order a package via stripe and add their domain and send newsletters

Any ideas?
Allan

Thing is, the bounce server sets the Return-Path of the email, and any email system will take the return-path as the actual sender of the email because the From can easily be spoofed.
One solution would be to use generic email addresses, such as mailer@company.net and use them for delivery and bounce server as well.

So I can't create a sendgrid clone using mwizz?
If I have 1000s of customers I cannot go and create a bounce server for every one every time. What's the solution to that?

This isn't related to mailwizz but to the way your servers are configured, part where mailwizz has no control.
If I have 1000s of customers I cannot go and create a bounce server for every one every time. What's the solution to that?
You should look into catch-all domains, and much more, really... but a generic sender is the easiest way, like i said above.

Back