Slow dashboard with working campaign

nemesis82

Hi guys,
i have a strange behavior with my campaign dashboard .

With no working campaign : take 0,1 <> 0,5 seconds to load all campaign

With working campaign ( sending or processing ) it take from 14 to 30 seconds to load.
Sometimes more time, depend on number of working campaign.

MW version : 1.9.39 and 2.0.20

That's expected, when you run a campaign, depending on your sending settings, all your server resources go there, then people start opening emails, etc which will hit your server as well which cause a lot of load which in turn will slow the system down.
The solutions you have is either a larger server or lower the sending settings so you avoid overloading the server.

@twisted1919 thanks, indeed if i decrease my sending settings my dashboard speed up. This was one of my first test
for server side below my details :
Web server 4 cpu and 16 gb, cpu 20% and 65% in last 7 days ( max peak)
db server 4cpu and 26gb, cpu 20% used and 14gb memory in the last 7days (max peak)

none of them seems overloaded.
maybe there is a php config optimization ? I think php due to php pcntl

maybe there is a php config optimization ?
There are a number of those, but you need to know what exactly what doesn't work correctly in order to know what to improve.
My hunch still says that the bottleneck is the database, it always is, not PHP.
So what you can do, you can enable debug while your campaign is sending (https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/enable-debugging/) and then visit the slow loading page. You'll get a huge debug message on the bottom of the page, scroll down and you'll see the sql queries and the time it took to complete those. I bet that's where the app spends it's most time and if that's the case, you need to tune mysql not php, so get mysqltuner(https://github.com/major/MySQLTuner-perl#downloadinstallation) and follow it's recommendations.

Please beware, while debug is enabled, anyone visiting your pages will see the debug message in the bottom of the pages, so make sure you do that for a short period of time.

hi @twisted1919 , after enabling the debug i found :
warning :
Failed to set unsafe attribute "delivery_logs_archived" of "Campaign"
Failed to set unsafe attribute "priority" of "Campaign".
Failed to set unsafe attribute "send_at" of "Campaign"
Failed to set unsafe attribute "campaign_id" of "Campaign"
Failed to set unsafe attribute "subject_encoded" of "Campaign".
Failed to set unsafe attribute "started_at" of "Campaign".
Failed to set unsafe attribute "finished_at" of "Campaign".
Failed to set unsafe attribute "date_added" of "Campaign"
Failed to set unsafe attribute "last_updated" of "Campaign".

and db server side, this long query

1626421717509.png

this happen only in the dashboard page with working campaign, if i change page wher all campaign are sent or pending sending are very fast and also the warning message appear only in this case.
MW v. 2.0.20

That looks like a campaign that uses segmentation. It takes 17 seconds to pull the info from the database in this specific case. If you run that query through an analyser, you will see that is an optimised query, so it's just how mysql performs in this case. Once the campaign finishes sending, those stats will be cached, so things will be much better. We don't really have ways around this at this point, as in, make these queries faster.

What you can do to avoid this, just hide the columns that show stats from the grid view of campaigns, including the status column, this will make mailwizz simply not run these queries at all. Then when campaign is done, you can enable the columns.

Hi guys,
i have a strange behavior with my campaign dashboard .

With no working campaign : take 0,1 <> 0,5 seconds to load all campaign

With working campaign ( sending or processing ) it take from 14 to 30 seconds to load.
Sometimes more time, depend on number of working campaign.

MW version : 1.9.39 and 2.0.20

Yes same happens with Me I have Server with 16 CORE CPU & 64 GB Memory & 1TB SSD, But panel is show on Campaigns Page only & When we fetch queries.. It's the bug in Mailwizz

Hi.

ive been having this problem.But ive got an idea its something to do with a setting in whm.

Please find attached. P1 is where i log in to the client dashboard. P2 is where i go to campaigns.

If i reset the send count i get the same error. But if i create a new account the campaigns shows the same.

Could someone please assist me? I dont know enough about coding to fix this problem. And im sure its not the server because the server rarely runs
more the 2% capacity.

Attachments

• p1.png
    p1.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 14
  • p2.png
    p2.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 13
Back