Sign-up WELCOME emails for NEW CUSTOMERS

mhm360

Hello again...

Email broadcasts and autoresponders are working perfectly for all clients and myself.

The only scenario where emails are NOT being sent is when creating a NEW customer account, the welcome email is never sent.

I have multiple SYSTEM delivery servers setup and the settings have no limits or quotas.

I'm confused on what delivery server will be used to deliver this confirmation message.

on this page: /backend/settings/customers/registration

I have tried both transactional and direct sending methods and cannot get either to work.

The welcome emails are NOT showing up in the logs on this page: /backend/transactional-emails/index
(neither as sent or unsent)

Backup Manager Success emails and "New customer registration!" emails sent to admin are list as SENT.

There has to be a small setting I have screwed up.

My biggest confusion is on the Default system mailer * setting on this page: backend/settings/index

It only has 3 options: SwiftMailer, PHPMailer and DummyMailer.

What is the purpose of this setting? I'm thinking if for this setting we could specify one of our system delivery servers, but instead see 3 options I don't fully understand.

I currently have PHPMailer selected... under what scenario will mailwizz send emails out via PHPMailer instead of one of the system or customer delivery servers?

I apologize for so many questions, trying to understand and fix this so new customers get a welcome email because currently I'm manually setting up accounts and mailing them their info from gmail one at a time.

Hey,

The welcome email is sent only after the customer confirms their account(they have to register from registration page).
Things you should look after:
Delivery servers, when created, allows you to set their usage from a dropdown. You can select All / Transactional / Campaigns. Usually you'll want to select ALL but you can also select transatcional to use separate servers for transactional emails.
In /backend/index.php/settings/customers/registration if you set Send email method: Transactional then you will see the welcome emails under /backend/index.php/transactional-emails/index and if you set the method to Direct then the emails will be sent immediatly.

My biggest confusion is on the Default system mailer * setting on this page: backend/settings/index
It only has 3 options: SwiftMailer, PHPMailer and DummyMailer.
Those are actually PHP Classes that handle the delivery process, with these classes mailwizz connects to your delivery servers and deliver the email. Each class has it's own pros and cons, you should stick with Swiftmailer.

Thanks.

thank you for your response, I've switched to SwiftMailer.

Maybe I misunderstood... When creating a customer account manually from the backend, does it send a welcome email?

Or are welcome emails only send when they register on the front end?

Thanks again

When you register via API the customer still has to confirm the account therefore the welcome email will be sent.

Back