Should we split the campaign tables into multiple smaller ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MariaDB and MySQL are not mutually exclusive.
As you know, I wrote: "InnoDB and MariaBD are highly compatible with MySQL" and "use MariaDB (with optimized mysql, innodb, etc settings)"...so where is the confusion or mutual exclusivity?

Anyone can upgrade from MySQL to MariaDB and MailWizz will work just fine.
That's a whole different story, and we don't know that for sure.

I was referring to the proposal to move to NoSQL, which would kill compatibility for most people.
Thanks for the clarification, just glad I did not propose that ;)
Well, it looked til your above explanation as if you'd confused the effects of Mongo and Maria, but you did not mean that!

As you know, I wrote: "InnoDB and MariaBD are highly compatible with MySQL" and "use MariaDB (with optimized mysql, innodb, etc settings)"...so where is the confusion or mutual exclusivity?

That's a whole different story, and we don't know that for sure.

Thanks for the clarification, just glad I did not propose that ;)
Well, it looked til your above explanation as if you'd confused the effects of Mongo and Maria, but you did not mean that!
Actually, we do know that. MariaDB is about as compatible to MySQL as possible. If an app works in MySQL, it will work in MariaDB (999999 out of 1000000 times).

Also, you responded to my comment that was in response to a comment about NoSQL. Don't respond to comments if you aren't talking about them.

Actually, we do know that.
Well, that was not evident from your original reply, and now you left out my question.

Also, you responded to my comment that was in response to a comment about NoSQL. Don't respond to comments if you aren't talking about them.
You said that later in post#15564 (not in your earlier post#15545).
My comments address the posts and the thread subject.

But to add help to the speed matter, there were discussions before about optimal my.cnf settings and according to all I've seen on other users' servers, the dbf settings are oft suboptimal, so there is much potential for speed gain ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back